Will Universities allow a delayed start for those who sat exam in autumn?

Watch
Journeyiris
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I'm a private candidate retaking two subjects and I haven't got any evidence for my improvement in year 14 so it is looking likely that I may have to sit the autumn exams if there are any? But I really don't want to take another gap year- that would be devastating.
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I don't have a single answer as it will depend on the individual universities, I'm afraid. They will each work out their approach over the coming weeks.

The only one I know of if UCL. They have stated:

If I am unhappy with my calculated A Level or IB grades and decide to resit the exams how will this affect my admission to UCL?

We are happy to consider applicants for 2021 entry should they wish to defer their assessment or are unhappy with the grades they are given in the summer examination result release. Applicants will be required to re-apply and will be considered in competition with other applicants for 2021. However, we will not consider sitting the examinations in the Autumn as re-takes and therefore applicants taking this route will not be disadvantaged in the application process.
Journeyiris
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by 学生の父)
I don't have a single answer as it will depend on the individual universities, I'm afraid. They will each work out their approach over the coming weeks.

The only one I know of if UCL. They have stated:

If I am unhappy with my calculated A Level or IB grades and decide to resit the exams how will this affect my admission to UCL?

We are happy to consider applicants for 2021 entry should they wish to defer their assessment or are unhappy with the grades they are given in the summer examination result release. Applicants will be required to re-apply and will be considered in competition with other applicants for 2021. However, we will not consider sitting the examinations in the Autumn as re-takes and therefore applicants taking this route will not be disadvantaged in the application process.
It sucks that they have to reapply.
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Journeyiris)
It sucks that they have to reapply.
Yes, it really does.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (675)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.21%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads