angelic_erin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all, I am doing the OCR a level course in September and I am looking to get ahead before school starts. The topics are 'The Early Tudors, 1485-1558', 'The cold war in asia' and Civil Rights in the USA 1865-1992' Which textbooks and revision guides do you recommend most as there are many and prices vary massively. I do not mind what the price is I just want to spend on one good textbook for each so I can start learning. Thank you, Erin
originalbiscotti
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did different courses but we used the OCR textbooks for each course that had one (looked like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/OCR-Level-H...939892&sr=8-11 ) I think most have Nicholas fellows as the author.

we used these revision guides (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Revision-No...939911&sr=8-23 ).

You can find most of them cheaper if you look for second hand ones (ebay, depop, world of books, music magpie, facebook), I know libraries are shut atm but they might have copies you can look through (my local one did have some, not sure if everywhere will), could possibly also photocopy some of the pages if you dont want to buy one right now?
I did the witchcraft course which didnt have an OCR textbook, so we used one recommended by OCR along with the OCR revision guide, not sure if you have one without a textbook?

Might be best to look at the specification and OCRs website to see what they recommend & possibly get in touch with your school or teacher to ask what they recommend .
ohdearstudying
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't do this course I am just here to send my thoughts and prayers for picking A Level History
Flower2617
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ohdearstudying)
I don't do this course I am just here to send my thoughts and prayers for picking A Level History
oh tell me about it. I'm in year 12 now learning the course at home without a teacher. I didn't even understand it WITH a teacher so i have absolutely no hope i just hope the grade boundaries are low next year due to the circumstances
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed