lcyhnnhdvs
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hello! Are there any other people here with conditional/unconditional offers for Masters starting in Autumn (hopefully!)?
Stef1234
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Yes fortunately, if you want to talk about with others who have offers to the same uni’s, you can look for the official postgraduate thread of that uni 😉
lcyhnnhdvs
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stef1234)
Yes fortunately, if you want to talk about with others who have offers to the same uni’s, you can look for the official postgraduate thread of that uni 😉
Would you be able to link me to the Cardiff PostGrad page please? I can’t see it!
Stef1234
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by lcyhnnhdvs)
Would you be able to link me to the Cardiff PostGrad page please? I can’t see it!

Hi so I did some google searching for you, you can also do it yourself and find even more threads. Just search in google for The student room Cardiff and add anything you want to know about Cardiff, such as housing or student life or application or postgraduate

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6407962

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6422514

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5887984

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5094474
roma02
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey I will be starting MSc Physiotherapy course in September 2020
CWPG22
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey! I don't think there is an official postgraduate thread for Cardiff, but I should be joining in September to study a Creative Writing MA.
roma02
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by CWPG22)
Hey! I don't think there is an official postgraduate thread for Cardiff, but I should be joining in September to study a Creative Writing MA.
that's interesting! Have you finalized your accommodation?
lcyhnnhdvs
Rep:
?
Hi everyone! I have an offer to do English Literature MA starting in September. Are you all thinking of living in postgrad accommodation or finding a private rental?
CWPG22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by roma02)
that's interesting! Have you finalized your accommodation?
Hey! I haven't yet, I'm looking into private accomodation with my partner & our friend as they both work in and around Cardiff.
CWPG22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi everyone! I have an offer to do English Literature MA starting in September. Are you all thinking of living in postgrad accommodation or finding a private rental?
I'm going private I think (with my partner and a friend)! How about you?
Zilean
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Congrats to everyone on their offers.

I have an unconditional one for the MSc Psychology (conversion). I'm torn between Cardiff and another uni but leaning more towards Cardiff these days.
Hopefully everything will be back to normal by September.
lcyhnnhdvs
Rep:
?
I'm going private I think (with my partner and a friend)! How about you?
I'm originally from the Cardiff area (but moved away to study undergrad) so my partner and I are currently looking for somewhere to rent privately. If anyone needs any local advice, let me know!
lcyhnnhdvs
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zilean)
Congrats to everyone on their offers.

I have an unconditional one for the MSc Psychology (conversion). I'm torn between Cardiff and another uni but leaning more towards Cardiff these days.
Hopefully everything will be back to normal by September.
That's amazing, congratulations! Cardiff is a really lovely city and, although I am biased, definitely has the friendliest people! Where else are you looking?
zd2057
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi, I'll be starting at Cardiff in september, I'm doing an Occupational Therapy PgDip. I'm hoping to find a house share, does anyone have any tips on how to find housemates or what the best/areas are?
Zilean
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
That's amazing, congratulations! Cardiff is a really lovely city and, although I am biased, definitely has the friendliest people! Where else are you looking?
Manchester is my second choice and I m really torn between the two. I haven't been to either cities but from what I've seen Cardiff is closer to what I like in a city, way cheaper as well from what I know. I'm thinking of Manchester basically for the better chances of landing a job. But I am practically in love with Cardiff and everything Welsh, haha
roma02
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey! I haven't yet, I'm looking into private accomodation with my partner & our friend as they both work in and around Cardiff.
I'm looking at private accommodations as well. Does anyone know about the west wing and Lumis?
CWPG22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Zilean)
Manchester is my second choice and I m really torn between the two. I haven't been to either cities but from what I've seen Cardiff is closer to what I like in a city, way cheaper as well from what I know. I'm thinking of Manchester basically for the better chances of landing a job. But I am practically in love with Cardiff and everything Welsh, haha
I've been to both cities and they have very different vibes (both great and vibrant places). I would say Cardiff feels smaller and quaint because of the independent shops, the arcades, the bay and the castle, but still has the with the convience and buzz of a city and everything you need. Manchester feels much more industrial/ edgy with places like the northern quarter, it has really busy but nice Christmas Markets and lots of shops. If you're in love with Cardiff though I really think that's what counts, you could always move to Manchester afterwards for work, though Cardiff still has a lot of job opportunities!
Zilean
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I've been to both cities and they have very different vibes (both great and vibrant places). I would say Cardiff feels smaller and quaint because of the independent shops, the arcades, the bay and the castle, but still has the with the convience and buzz of a city and everything you need. Manchester feels much more industrial/ edgy with places like the northern quarter, it has really busy but nice Christmas Markets and lots of shops. If you're in love with Cardiff though I really think that's what counts, you could always move to Manchester afterwards for work, though Cardiff still has a lot of job opportunities!
Thanks! I appreciate your input
Geena-
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Not a masters but been offered full funding for a PhD in Education for 2020 start! Waiting to hear back from UEA and York r.e. funding and then will decide
CWPG22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Geena-)
Not a masters but been offered full funding for a PhD in Education for 2020 start! Waiting to hear back from UEA and York r.e. funding and then will decide
Congratulations!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (519)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (636)
41.35%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (313)
20.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.55%

Watched Threads