Saffron512
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I’m currently in year 12, and due to the current issues with coronavirus, I’m at home teaching myself A level content. As is every other year 12 in the U.K.
- this is extremely hard to do with a lack of teacher help and interaction, emailing Powerpoints just isn’t the same
- no mock exams for year 12 , we don’t even get a real practise
- how will this effect uni applications? Or even our A level exams?

Just wanted to spark a conversation over this topic, comment your thoughts!
Stylesouts
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Ugh I’m in the same situation as you. Online school isn’t the same and in really stressed out about uni applications as medicine UCAS deadline is earlier. But I guess we’re all in the same situation
jd1202
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
if anyone needs any help with politics, english lit or business studies in year 12 i’ll be happy to help, ive got tons of notes that i no longer need after year 13 due to the cancellation of my exams 🤣just drop me a message & i’ll try my best to help
Saffron512
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stylesouts)
Ugh I’m in the same situation as you. Online school isn’t the same and in really stressed out about uni applications as medicine UCAS deadline is earlier. But I guess we’re all in the same situation
Trust me! It’s awful, struggling to cope but I suppose everyone is doing the same thing ! I don’t feel like I’m learning anything at home!
Saffron512
Rep:
?
(Original post by jd1202)
if anyone needs any help with politics, english lit or business studies in year 12 i’ll be happy to help, ive got tons of notes that i no longer need after year 13 due to the cancellation of my exams 🤣just drop me a message & i’ll try my best to help
This is great! But How do you feel about exams being cancelled? Also What exam boards for politics and English lit?
jd1202
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
i’m not too phased about exams being cancelled as ive already got 2 unconditional offers for different universities so my a level grades won’t make a difference I suppose for year 12 its a whole different story, i found that towards the end of the year my studying decreased anyway to be honest so i wouldn’t worry too much as long as you put the work in next year and use the summer to revise. Don’t stress to much, it’ll work out in the end. (both exam boards were AQA) X
Saffron512
Rep:
?
i’m not too phased about exams being cancelled as ive already got 2 unconditional offers for different universities so my a level grades won’t make a difference I suppose for year 12 its a whole different story, i found that towards the end of the year my studying decreased anyway to be honest so i wouldn’t worry too much as long as you put the work in next year and use the summer to revise. Don’t stress to much, it’ll work out in the end. (both exam boards were AQA) X
Aw that’s good! What Uni offers have you got? And also do you have any notes for AQA British politics ?
jd1202
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
yes just drop me a message! and two unconditionals for edge hill & liverpool john moores for nursing
avaniehira
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
if anyone needs any hi could use some help in bselp with politics, english lit or business studies in year 12 i’ll be happy to help, ive got tons of notes that i no longer need after year 13 due to the cancellation of my exams 🤣just drop me a message & i’ll try my best to help
I could use some help in business studies! are you still willing to share notes?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (657)
33.55%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (831)
42.44%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (381)
19.46%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.55%

Watched Threads