The Student Room Group

A Level 2020 grades

Hi,
I’ve got a question about my a level grades. In my mocks I got A* - product design, A (1 mark off an A*) - Economics, C - Maths. I’m worried about my grade in maths. I came 1st in my set and have been coming 1st throughout year 13. But I just did badly in my mock. I was hoping to pull it out of the bag in the summer but cannot do this anymore. I want to go to St Andrews uni in September to study management and I need AAA. I’m worried that my maths grade will let me down. I don’t want to sit exams in September if I can help it. Does anyone have any advice on what I should be doing? Thanks
(edited 4 years ago)
they take into account more than just mocks if you did throughout the year
Original post by charleeholland
they take into account more than just mocks if you did throughout the year

I haven’t done well in every test throughout the year. But I have been on an upward improvement.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous_4657
I haven’t done well in every test throughout the year. But I have been on an upward improvement.

Also do you know if I should be finishing my product design coursework?
(edited 4 years ago)
Also do you know if I should be finishing my product design coursework?

i would, it’s all the more evidence towards your grade. i’m still doing my english coursework
i would, it’s all the more evidence towards your grade. i’m still doing my english coursework

What uni do you want to go to? What grades do you need?
What uni do you want to go to? What grades do you need?

to be honest, i have 4 unconditional places but i’m going to nottingham trent. so it doesn’t matter grades wide but i still want to try and swing my grades up
to be honest, i have 4 unconditional places but i’m going to nottingham trent. so it doesn’t matter grades wide but i still want to try and swing my grades up

St Andrews is my firm (AAA). Durham is my insurance (AAB). Only pretty much want to go to St Andrews.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
why don’t you ask your teacher for some past papers for maths, complete them and email them over? It gives more evidence for them to be able to put your grades up. i’m sure your sixth form will try and give you the best grade possible so i wouldn’t worry too much.

Quick Reply

Latest