The Student Room Group

Uni courses???

Hello, I’m currently in my first year of A levels studying biology, psychology and English lit/Lang. However, I’m really stuck on what I should do at university. I was hoping to study medicine but I wasn’t enjoying chemistry A level so swapped my choice (which wasn’t a good call if I wanted to study medicine). Can somebody please give me suggestions on what are good uni courses based on my A level choices, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much ☺️
Reply 1
Well, what are you interested in?
You have a mix that could lead you down social sciences (excluding maths based subjects), the arts and humanities and maybe even some sciences (I'm not 100% sure on any specifications for sciences as I'm a social science person!)

Basically you have a lot of choice! So what I would recommend is for you to pick some random unis and have a look at their course list and see what appeals, you never know what you might stumble across!
Thank youuu
Original post by Emilywarren24
Hello, I’m currently in my first year of A levels studying biology, psychology and English lit/Lang. However, I’m really stuck on what I should do at university. I was hoping to study medicine but I wasn’t enjoying chemistry A level so swapped my choice (which wasn’t a good call if I wanted to study medicine). Can somebody please give me suggestions on what are good uni courses based on my A level choices, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much ☺️

argh, i absolutey loved my biology degree (helped that i loved my uni but the course was still amazing) however i don't know if i can recommend it on a jobs prospect basis... and psychology and english are even worse. so if i were you i would look into events management (seriously - although once coronavirus has blown over) and maybe marketing. other than that you have your A level subjects or social sciences like Politics/IR, anthropology etc.
Reply 4
most universities don’t actually mind what a levels you pick as long as you meet their grade requirements, you already have a science as an a level so your course opportunities are pretty much unlimited 🤣just look into what you think you would enjoy & maybe go to a few open days next year before you apply and get to learn about the courses in more detail! i wouldn’t worry too much if i were you :smile:
There are all kinds of courses you could study like Social Work, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Law etc. Have a look at this below to see if anything interests you.
https://www.swansea.ac.uk/humanandhealthsciences/
Thank you all 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending