Want more information about this university?
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi there, which Fashion course is regarded as better in the industry, is it Nottingham Trent or Manchester Met? This is for Fashion Design btw
Anonymous #1
Report 9 months ago
Trent I would say.
Nottingham Trent University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by 18041099)
Hi there, which Fashion course is regarded as better in the industry, is it Nottingham Trent or Manchester Met? This is for Fashion Design btw
Hey 18041099, nice to see that you're considering NTU

We're ranked in the top ten in the UK for Fashion and Textiles in the Guardian University League Tables 2020 and have great industry links, our Fashion Design students have completed live projects with companies like Oasis, Boohoo, Mulberry, ASOS, River Island and Burberry.

These links with industry give you so many interesting placement and internships opportunities. Students have had paid summer internships at brands such as GAP inc. in New York and Urban Outfitters in Philadelphia. Other recent placement destinations include: ASOS, Boohoo, Paul Smith, River island, Topshop, Victoria Beckham and Vivienne Westwood.

There are also loads of opportunities to showcase your work too, you will present your final year work either on a catwalk or in a static exhibition at our Degree Show and may be selected to exhibit at events such as Graduate Fashion Week – so many of our students have entered competitions and picked up awards during their time at NTU :king1:

I hope this helps with your decision, but let me know if you have any other questions. You could also speak to a current NTU student using our online chat (ntu.ac.uk/chat) – our third year Fashion Design student Nadia should be able to tell you what the course is like (just select your level of study as 'Undergraduate' and find 'BA (Hons) Fashion Design' under the area of study). Or read about Georgia's experience of studying Fashion Design at NTU.

Thanks
Chris – NTU rep
ChowChow129
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I apply fashion design as well and got offers from NTU and MMU, I really like them both and really can’t decide
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by ChowChow129)
I apply fashion design as well and got offers from NTU and MMU, I really like them both and really can’t decide
I found it hard to decide aswell, but went for Trent in the end! Have you visited them both? I heard Trent was more highly regarded but I’m not sure there’s too much of a difference
ChowChow129
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
18041099 yes I went to both of them and I love them both, Both cities are similar( the living expenses) but I think Nottingham is a better living place for students
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by 18041099)
Hi :hello:

Great to hear you're considering studying with us here at Manchester Met

Manchester Fashion Institute is a multi-disciplinary partnership at Manchester Metropolitan University bringing together fashion expertise and talent from across the University, Manchester and the world. Our fashion courses cover the breadth of the industry from fashion design, to management, business and product development. We encourage students to be ambitious, visionary, enquiring, dynamic, innovative and experimental. Our aim is to provide a platform that will put you ahead of the competition and discover your niche in the international fashion industry.

Why not come and visit the Fashion Institute to find out more - to book your place at our upcoming online Open Week please visit: https://www2.mmu.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/visit/

In the meantime, feel free to ask any course-specific questions that you might have!

Thanks

Sophie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
61.83%
I don't have everything I need (92)
38.17%

Watched Threads