The Student Room Group

Should I be proud of getting into Durham?

I have cousins who applied to Cambridge and got offers and my whole family buzzed about it. I’m proud of them too but I feel a bit disappointed that no one cares about my offers.
I didn’t apply to Oxbridge but I got an offer from Durham for natural sciences, which I firmed. I think Durham is lovely and suits me well, although my family make me feel like it’s nothing to be proud of.
Absolutely be proud!
My housemate is renowned researcher and lecturer in his field and he went to Salford then Northumbria. It's about what you can make of it. I know Cambridge grads who can't get a job because people are wise to the fact it's not everything!
Of course you should feel elated that you got into Durham! I mean its a very competitive university and is good in its own right! You shouldn't let other people's offers downplay the offer that you worked hard for yourself!
Reply 3
Original post by sallyr123
Absolutely be proud!
My housemate is renowned researcher and lecturer in his field and he went to Salford then Northumbria. It's about what you can make of it. I know Cambridge grads who can't get a job because people are wise to the fact it's not everything!

Thank you so much, that’s really encouraging
Reply 4
Original post by theprettyrainbow
Of course you should feel elated that you got into Durham! I mean its a very competitive university and is good in its own right! You shouldn't let other people's offers downplay the offer that you worked hard for yourself!

Thank you, that means a lot
Getting into university at all is an achievement in itself! Getting into Durham, something to be even prouder of, it's a brilliant uni :biggrin:
Reply 6
Yeah well done :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I have cousins who applied to Cambridge and got offers and my whole family buzzed about it. I’m proud of them too but I feel a bit disappointed that no one cares about my offers.
I didn’t apply to Oxbridge but I got an offer from Durham for natural sciences, which I firmed. I think Durham is lovely and suits me well, although my family make me feel like it’s nothing to be proud of.

Durham is a well-respected university that isn't easy to get into. You should be proud of getting in :smile: It sounds like it was the right choice for you to make and will help you have a great experience and with your career path. Don't let your family get to you!
Reply 8
Original post by wastedcuriosity
Getting into university at all is an achievement in itself! Getting into Durham, something to be even prouder of, it's a brilliant uni :biggrin:

Thank you so much, this makes me feel more valid :smile:
Wow!! congrats!! is my dream be me at darham but anforteneetly they do not axept me idk why
Original post by cheesecakelove
Durham is a well-respected university that isn't easy to get into. You should be proud of getting in :smile: It sounds like it was the right choice for you to make and will help you have a great experience and with your career path. Don't let your family get to you!

This means a lot, you guys have made me feel a lot better - thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending