GusteD
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I've tried to read up on EPQs but I'm not quite sure how they work. I am quite interested in one as I'd like to do 4 a levels however the workload is pretty daunting. Are EPQs only offered in specific subjects or can they be about absolutely any topic?
theprettyrainbow
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Ok so having done EPQ this year, can l just say that if you are doing 4 a levels, please don't burden yourself by adding on the EPQ. Because let me tell you now, even with me doing 3 a levels, l struggled so much with the work load and so many people dropped it because they were unable to keep up! Nevertheless, your EPQ can be on anything you want. Just make sure you pick topics that are easy to research
wastedcuriosity
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I agree with above. I couldn't even handle 3 A-Levels and an EPQ. It'll be better to have four good a-levels rather than 4 average a-levels plus an EPQ!
casabonita
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
epqs can be about anything, but they're only an AS level, so only worth about half an a level
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Daughter did 4 alevels and epq. its hard work. I would aim to try and get it done in year 12. Dont leave it to do in year 13 as your alevels are more important. She spent 3 days at Nottingham uni researching (on saturday) plus several meetings with the EPQ teacher, and work at home. She started it in 2018 November and finished summer of 2019.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (121)
62.69%
I don't have everything I need (72)
37.31%

Watched Threads