The Student Room Group

confused sexuality

So im a 17 year old girl and i just feel really confused. I think I might be bisexual but im not sure. I find girls attractive but I feel bad because I have a boyfriend and I dont know if i should feel like this. I find men attractive as well but whenever I see 2 girls together I can't help but want that. I fantasise about women a lot but I also fantasise about men a lot. I just feel like I'm not attracted to women enough to call myself bisexual but I'm really not sure. I know this all sounds stupid but just any advice would be appreciated.
just do it babe, it's fun xx
You are not required to define your sexuality. As a young woman navigating the modern world, with all sorts of labels flying around it can be difficult to just live in the moment and take it day by day. It is okay to find other people attractive whilst in a relationship, provided you are not acting upon it.
My advice is to simply leave it alone, not to ignore it, but not to overthink it. You are not expected to have it all figured out at 17, it's okay for things to feel uncertain and one day you may leave that phase of uncertainty and have a better understanding of your sexuality; but for now it's okay to just live.
Original post by Anonymous
You are not required to define your sexuality. As a young woman navigating the modern world, with all sorts of labels flying around it can be difficult to just live in the moment and take it day by day. It is okay to find other people attractive whilst in a relationship, provided you are not acting upon it.
My advice is to simply leave it alone, not to ignore it, but not to overthink it. You are not expected to have it all figured out at 17, it's okay for things to feel uncertain and one day you may leave that phase of uncertainty and have a better understanding of your sexuality; but for now it's okay to just live.

I have it figured out at 17
At 17, just explore and enjoy, what will be will be, you dont have to define your sexuality at your age.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending