English Lit - 6
Maths - 8
Science - 7-6
French - 4
Geography - 4
RS - 6
Media - B
Business - B

I was looking at LSE PPE, but even if I get the requirements and excel on the personal statement will my GCSEs hold me back?

Scroll to see replies

Non.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by DaniyalKhan
Non.

fook
Original post by Anonymous
fook

In all seriousness you have a chance.
Reply 4

HAVE? I suppose a very slim one?
Reply 5
Your GCSEs are well above the national average but in relation to LSE they aren’t particularly impressive, compared to the average applicant. Having said that, your A Levels matter more and you should stop stressing yourself over GCSEs. You should try and bring that French grade up though if these are just your predicted grades.
HAVE? I suppose a very slim one?

Yeah, you’re right. A slim chance? How did you know? You should apply to the University of East London instead.

don't be ridiculous.
I did 10 GCSEs graded:

English Lang - 6
English Lit - 6
Maths - 8
Science - 7-6
French - 4
Geography - 4
RS - 6
Media - B
Business - B

I was looking at LSE PPE, but even if I get the requirements and excel on the personal statement will my GCSEs hold me back?

Your A-Level predicted grades matter much more than these, if they exceed the entry requirements i'm sure you'll get an offer... my GCSE grades were slightly worse than these but i'm headed to Warwick Uni.
Original post by A Rolling Stone
don't be ridiculous.

Don’t tell me what to do. Say that in public and one punch to your face will fix your tone.
I’m currently in Y12, so these aren’t predictions they’re my actual GCSEs. I was taking AS’ in May but y’know, so I don’t know about them. I really think I have a shot at meeting the requirements and I’m so different to Y11 me.
I’m currently in Y12, so these aren’t predictions they’re my actual GCSEs. I was taking AS’ in May but y’know, so I don’t know about them. I really think I have a shot at meeting the requirements and I’m so different to Y11 me.

and if your teachers give you A*AA predictions, LSE will look at your GCSE grades and say BULL****
Reply 12
Oh I forgot students nowadays don’t do AS Levels, no wonder you’re asking about your GCSEs. If you did well in your mock exams then there should be enough proof that you can actually achieve those grades. Do Universities see mock exam grades?
Original post by hau28
Your GCSEs are well above the national average

Are they? Isn’t a 5 about average?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by A Rolling Stone
and if your teachers give you A*AA predictions, LSE will look at your GCSE grades and say BULL****

okay, what are you saying those with my GCSEs are capped at a certain grade?
Reply 15
Original post by JGoosey2002
Are they? Isn’t a 5 about average?

Yes and every grade besides French and Geography is above a 5/ high C...
But I actually wrote this thinking that a 6 was an A not a high B, so my evaluation of the results were skewed. Your grades are still above average OP, but upon further consideration they’re pretty mediocre for LSE when they no longer even have AS grades to go off of. I’m not familiar with how predicted A Level grades fully work nowadays though, when I did my A Levels we had AS grades.
Original post by hau28
But I actually wrote this thinking that a 6 was an A not a high B, so my evaluation of the results were skewed. Your grades are still above average OP, but upon further consideration they’re pretty mediocre for LSE when they no longer even have AS grades to go off of. I’m not familiar with how predicted A Level grades fully work nowadays though, when I did my A Levels we had AS grades.

We still do AS but in school and they’re based off that. @OP you might as well apply if you have a free space but don’t hold your breath
@LeapingLucy might be able to help
Original post by hau28

i was due to sit AS levels in May, but they’ve been postponed to Autumn.
Reply 19
i was due to sit AS levels in May, but they’ve been postponed to Autumn.

Hmm, maybe you should email the admissions department and ask. But the application deadline should be mid January, by then you should have your autumn results. I assume that this will all be taken into consideration for your cohort and standard application deadlines may be adjusted.

Quick Reply

Latest