Question about resits and credits

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys,

So, I'm a student doing Biomedical Sciences at Newcastle University. Our course has a policy that you lose your honours degree if you fail more than 20 credits over stage 2 and stage 3 combined.

What I would like to ask is that if I have failed 30 credits in semester 1 but passed all of them during August resits, will I still be able to get the honours degree (as in do you get your credits if you pass via resit attempt)?

Would appreciate any answers ASAP as my anxiety is getting worse regarding this issue

Thanks a load guys!
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi guys,

So, I'm a student doing Biomedical Sciences at Newcastle University. Our course has a policy that you lose your honours degree if you fail more than 20 credits over stage 2 and stage 3 combined.

What I would like to ask is that if I have failed 30 credits in semester 1 but passed all of them during August resits, will I still be able to get the honours degree (as in do you get your credits if you pass via resit attempt)?

Would appreciate any answers ASAP as my anxiety is getting worse regarding this issue

Thanks a load guys!
You will have to read the rules, but I expect all it is saying is you need to have completed 240 credits and not 220 by the time you graduate to make a total of 360 when you add first year. If You get less than 340 you will just get an honours degree.

You can either read the rules to confirm
Ask registry or department to confirm
Someone will take the time to look it up.

If you know where it is, then link it or cut and past the paragraph.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
You will have to read the rules, but I expect all it is saying is you need to have completed 240 credits and not 220 by the time you graduate to make a total of 360 when you add first year. If You get less than 340 you will just get an honours degree.

You can either read the rules to confirm
Ask registry or department to confirm
Someone will take the time to look it up.

If you know where it is, then link it or cut and past the paragraph.
Hi,

Firstly thanks for your reply - and yes I have emailed both my degree programme head as well as my tutor but I think due to the current escalating situation they have failed to respond after quite some time.

And yes I have actually found https://www.ncl.ac.uk/media/wwwnclac...ventions_2.pdf
just now in which from section 49 because it just stated 'passed all modules' I am assuming that it doesn't matter if its a first or second attempt pass and as long as I pass the resits it means that I have secured the credits and should be fine?

Guess I just needed some definite confirmation as the uni is quite strict on these things and for our degree if you lose your honours you've basically failed the whole thing, and you get a certificate equivalent to what you get if you end the degree with an average lower than 40 which means you failed, and the uncertainty is getting to my head a bit.

But thank you so mucn for responding and reading through this long response - have a great day and stay healthy x
Anonymous #1
but of course correct me if I interpreted it wrong
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (29)
18.71%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (38)
24.52%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (81)
52.26%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.52%

Watched Threads