The Student Room Group

How to prepare for alevels-bio chem and maths

As we have ages off I though if I got bored I might do a small bit of alevel work to prepare me.If anyone has any notes they can attach or advice to prepare for these subjects -OCR Biology -OCR chemistry and -AQA maths than please do!! (Or just alevels in general like what you wish you knew)
Thank you !!
Reply 1
Im also doing Bio and Chem and looking to prepare!
For maths you should look over grade 7-9 topics (algebra, vectors, graphs). A substantial proportion of the beginning of AS-level maths is GCSE recap and if you skipped over these topics at GCSE you might find yourself struggling!

In general - apart from being very comfortable with GCSE content, there's not much you need to do before sixth form.
Reply 3
Unless you get unbelievably bored, i'd just relax and take time off before your a-levels because by then there really isn't ever time to truly 'relax' for the next 2 years. Maybe just watch some bio/chem videos, i dont do maths so idk about that.

Check out Khan academy, allery chemistry, snap revise (good short biology videos imo), eliot rintoul. If you want to practice yourself mathsmadeeasy/physics and maths tutor**** has good exam papers. PMT is honestly a godsent when it comes to chemistry papers tho. Love it.
Reply 4
Original post by Lucy98654
As we have ages off I though if I got bored I might do a small bit of alevel work to prepare me.If anyone has any notes they can attach or advice to prepare for these subjects -OCR Biology -OCR chemistry and -AQA maths than please do!! (Or just alevels in general like what you wish you knew)
Thank you !!

CGP has great head start to a level books and because of corona the’ve made the online versions free. It says you need a kindle but I think you can easily download them with the amazon app.

Quick Reply

Latest