The Student Room Group

Just want to be able to drive

Scroll to see replies

A driving licence isn't going to make you more employable unless a role specifically requires one, or you're going to be employed by a tiny business in the middle of nowhere who are concerned about your reliability. You talk about looking for work but haven't even put a CV together?

I was in my mid-30's before I even started learning, it didn't affect anything beyond saving me a stupid amount of money.

I would think maybe looking into your anxiety is a more pressing issue. Wearing a balaclava in the summer on the bus is not normal.
Reply 21
Original post by Admit-One
A driving licence isn't going to make you more employable unless a role specifically requires one, or you're going to be employed by a tiny business in the middle of nowhere who are concerned about your reliability. You talk about looking for work but haven't even put a CV together?

I was in my mid-30's before I even started learning, it didn't affect anything beyond saving me a stupid amount of money.

I would think maybe looking into your anxiety is a more pressing issue. Wearing a balaclava in the summer on the bus is not normal.

Im looking start a small business or get a driving based job thats why I need it, my mate does depop so needs his licence to drop off his deliveries to be posted and if he didnt have it hed me screwed. In the past it mightve been easier without driving but now its becoming more of some thing you need. Its not even summer yet and all I need to do to get rid of my anxiety is pass my test then Im sound, Ill feel more confident to get my self out to hand cvs out and work.
Original post by Anon 66
In the past it mightve been easier without driving but now its becoming more of some thing you need.

I passed within the last 5yrs, I'm not 80 :wink:

I appreciate almost nowhere is hiring currently. But why don't you write a decent CV and covering letter now?
Reply 23
Original post by Admit-One
I passed within the last 5yrs, I'm not 80 :wink:

I appreciate almost nowhere is hiring currently. But why don't you write a decent CV and covering letter now?

Ive actually got a cv but I want to put that I have the driving licence then employers will go no way this guy can drive we will hire him
Reply 24
Original post by bones-mccoy
You'll be fine. I understand why you're eager to drive but it's not the end of the world, think of the money you're saving by not having a car to run.

I guess it's not like you need a car to go out at the moment anyway.

I couldve gone to the shop to help out family now if I drove now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending