The Student Room Group

A level options

I have chosen to study maths, psychology and business studies at A level, but I have read that economics may be a better option than business studies, though I would prefer to study business. Can anyone help me with this and tell me if it’s a better option?
i think economics is seen as a more respected subject, as some see business studies as the easier, more practical version of it.

at imperial, they don't accept business studies as an a level for some subjects such as maths or computer science. at lse, they list business studies as a 'non-preferred' subject, but list economics as a preferred one.

so yea, overall i think high ranking unis prefer economics over business studies, but it's up to you :smile:
Original post by casabonita
i think economics is seen as a more respected subject, as some see business studies as the easier, more practical version of it.

at imperial, they don't accept business studies as an a level for some subjects such as maths or computer science. at lse, they list business studies as a 'non-preferred' subject, but list economics as a preferred one.

so yea, overall i think high ranking unis prefer economics over business studies, but it's up to you :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest