The Student Room Group

Where did i go wrong

I've been talking to this girl since like mid March, i know her from school. Anyways i thought we was getting along really well so i hit her with the i like you message, and she was like I'm flattered and all that. She started Hinting about hardly going out for drinks so i told her I'd take her out and she said "I'll tell u when I'm free" (I've heard that line before and that's never got me anywhere). (This was like a week before lockdown started btw). A few days pass where she's asking me questions about work and what i did in college and all that and then i decide to hint at taking her out that coming weekend but she doesn't take it, so i think she's playing me so i softly tell her that I've been in this exact situation before and the girl ended up playing me and getting back with her ex. But she's said "I'm not the type to do that don't worry, i really like you but i just wanna take things slow right now" so I'm cool with that. We keep mildly flirting over text and all that, she calling me funny cos I'm tryna entertain her during lockdown lol. Like 3 days ago she apologized for having slow reply times cos she said she don't get IG notifications so i asked her if she uses snapchat more and she says yes let me add u on there, now I'm thinking maybe she really does like me. But i messaged her 2 days ago on snap and she hasn't opened it, i reply to the last message she sent to me on IG from 2 days ago yesterday and she not opened that yet. Don't tell me i got ghosted. Or is she purposely slowing down the communication cos after all we have been talking for like 3/4 weeks now and due to lockdown we can't really talk about our day or anything.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I've been talking to this girl since like mid March, i know her from school. Anyways i thought we was getting along really well so i hit her with the i like you message, and she was like I'm flattered and all that. She started Hinting about hardly going out for drinks so i told her I'd take her out and she said "I'll tell u when I'm free" (I've heard that line before and that's never got me anywhere). (This was like a week before lockdown started btw). A few days pass where she's asking me questions about work and what i did in college and all that and then i decide to hint at taking her out that coming weekend but she doesn't take it, so i think she's playing me so i softly tell her that I've been in this exact situation before and the girl ended up playing me and getting back with her ex. But she's said "I'm not the type to do that don't worry, i really like you but i just wanna take things slow right now" so I'm cool with that. We keep mildly flirting over text and all that, she calling me funny cos I'm tryna entertain her during lockdown lol. Like 3 days ago she apologized for having slow reply times cos she said she don't get IG notifications so i asked her if she uses snapchat more and she says yes let me add u on there, now I'm thinking maybe she really does like me. But i messaged her 2 days ago on snap and she hasn't opened it, i reply to the last message she sent to me on IG from 2 days ago yesterday and she not opened that yet. Don't tell me i got ghosted. Or is she purposely slowing down the communication cos after all we have been talking for like 3/4 weeks now and due to lockdown we can't really talk about our day or anything.

The fact she said she likes me less than 3 weeks ago makes me think nothing is up. But the fact she's messaged me every day barring yesterday for an entire day makes me think like she's had enough of talking to me and she's gone off me. This lockdown has probably ruined me, we was literally gonna meet up just for a coffee but then this virus spread rapidly. Probably ruined my chances now.
You need to have a good personality. You need to open the door for her, you also need to polish her shoes with your tongue. Like this “*slurp slurp slurp* hmmm yummy, foot fungus and dirt *slurp slurp*”

Furthermore, you have to let other guys have a go at her so she can see your generosity. What’s her number?
Reply 3
Original post by DaniyalKhan
You need to have a good personality. You need to open the door for her, you also need to polish her shoes with your tongue. Like this “*slurp slurp slurp* hmmm yummy, foot fungus and dirt *slurp slurp*”

Furthermore, you have to let other guys have a go at her so she can see your generosity. What’s her number

Lmao
Lmao

That ain’t no number bro. Give us- I mean, me...the digits!
The fact she said she likes me less than 3 weeks ago makes me think nothing is up. But the fact she's messaged me every day barring yesterday for an entire day makes me think like she's had enough of talking to me and she's gone off me. This lockdown has probably ruined me, we was literally gonna meet up just for a coffee but then this virus spread rapidly. Probably ruined my chances now.

So she has been messaging you everyday apart from yesterday? It's just one day - it doesn't automatically mean that she is no longer interested in you. Give her time to respond - it could be she has genuine reasons for not reading and replying to your messages.
Reply 6
Original post by cheesecakelove
So she has been messaging you everyday apart from yesterday? It's just one day - it doesn't automatically mean that she is no longer interested in you. Give her time to respond - it could be she has genuine reasons for not reading and replying to your messages.

I wouldn't be bothered about that. It's just the fact something like this has happened to me before, suddenly got ghosted after 2 weeks of this girl saying she wants to meet me but then she ended up getting back to her ex. If this situation never happened to me before then i wouldn't be bothered.
Doubt she's ghosted you - probably just busy, or maybe doesn't have much to say since we're all in lockdown.
I wouldn't be bothered about that. It's just the fact something like this has happened to me before, suddenly got ghosted after 2 weeks of this girl saying she wants to meet me but then she ended up getting back to her ex. If this situation never happened to me before then i wouldn't be bothered.

I think you can't think every girl will treat you like the girl who ghosted you. Give her a chance.
Reply 9
Original post by wastedcuriosity
Doubt she's ghosted you - probably just busy, or maybe doesn't have much to say since we're all in lockdown.

Yh that's what i was thinking (hoping for) tbh
Knowing my luck she's got the virus and dead. Anyone else feel like they were born to be single forever?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending