Letmesleep
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi
About a year ago I was diagnosed with a gluten intolerance (mostly wheat - I’m fine with barley and malt etc but wheat in large amounts is the main issue as I can have small amounts)

Was just wondering if anyone has any, or knows where to get any, naturally gluten free recipes or foods?
Eat Natural stuff is good as it’s naturally gluten free and I actually really like it but it’s so expensive!!

I don’t mind pasta/spaghetti recipes because my local shop does good gluten free pasta quite cheap

Any ideas would be great

Thanks
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
BBC Good Food have almost 60 recipes that might be worth a look through. Even if none of them take your fancy hopefully it should give you some inspiration

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...on/gluten-free
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Letmesleep)
Hi
About a year ago I was diagnosed with a gluten intolerance (mostly wheat - I’m fine with barley and malt etc but wheat in large amounts is the main issue as I can have small amounts)

Was just wondering if anyone has any, or knows where to get any, naturally gluten free recipes or foods?
Eat Natural stuff is good as it’s naturally gluten free and I actually really like it but it’s so expensive!!

I don’t mind pasta/spaghetti recipes because my local shop does good gluten free pasta quite cheap

Any ideas would be great

Thanks
If you do an internet search on 'gluten-free recipes' you'll find quite a lot:

https://www.coeliac.org.uk/informati...-free-recipes/

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/...s/gluten-free/

https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/s...e-recipes.html
Letmesleep
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
BBC Good Food have almost 60 recipes that might be worth a look through. Even if none of them take your fancy hopefully it should give you some inspiration

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...on/gluten-free
That’s great thanks I will have a look )
Letmesleep
Rep:
?
Thank you!
And also thanks for the links! )
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you!
And also thanks for the links! )
I'd suggest getting a breadmaker [ask for it as a gift if you can't afford it] that can do gluten-free bread - the shop bought bread is so expensive.
Letmesleep
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
I'd suggest getting a breadmaker [ask for it as a gift if you can't afford it] that can do gluten-free bread - the shop bought bread is so expensive.
Oh my word 100% good idea. Only GF bread I like is M&S and it costs an arm and a leg!!
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh my word 100% good idea. Only GF bread I like is M&S and it costs an arm and a leg!!
Make it yourself. It's pretty easy.

My spouse is both gluten and dairy free but I find that with a lot of recipes I can make minor adjustments and it's fine. I cook a lot of east Asian (mostly Chinese) food but you have to be careful not to use regular soy sauce; weirdly it has gluten in. Gluten free soy sauce isn't that much more expensive. Specifically gluten free food costs so much and the bread in particular is usually disgusting.
Letmesleep
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sabertooth)
Make it yourself. It's pretty easy.

My spouse is both gluten and dairy free but I find that with a lot of recipes I can make minor adjustments and it's fine. I cook a lot of east Asian (mostly Chinese) food but you have to be careful not to use regular soy sauce; weirdly it has gluten in. Gluten free soy sauce isn't that much more expensive. Specifically gluten free food costs so much and the bread in particular is usually disgusting.
Yep I deffo agree
I like things like stirfrys etc because can use rice noodles and I have GF soy sauce - though the normal one doesn’t have any negative effects on me thankfully
Problem is I love to cook and bake but for the life of me I can’t bake bread haha - gonna get practicing during lockdown. May as well get a bread maker so less chance of failing haha
Exactly the costs are ridiculous - why I prefer naturally gf stuff too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads