The Student Room Group

Student finance

My parents are migrant workers, and we are eligible to apply for student finance because of that as I am an EU student. However, I didn't know that before so I already have an account on student finance and now they are asking me to prove that I've been living here in the UK for 5 years. (which I haven't). I am not sure of what to do now. How can I apply for student finance for migrant workers when I already have an account set up? Can I use the same Customer Reference Number for both applications? (as I have to fill out a PN1 form). I am just very confused of what I should do now.
Original post by arialll
My parents are migrant workers, and we are eligible to apply for student finance because of that as I am an EU student. However, I didn't know that before so I already have an account on student finance and now they are asking me to prove that I've been living here in the UK for 5 years. (which I haven't). I am not sure of what to do now. How can I apply for student finance for migrant workers when I already have an account set up? Can I use the same Customer Reference Number for both applications? (as I have to fill out a PN1 form). I am just very confused of what I should do now.

Hi Arial, if you want to apply as a child of a Migrant Worker then you should meet the criteria and send the evidence listed here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f. You should use the same CRN.
Thanks, Isaac.
Reply 2
Thank you, is the address still the same? Or has it changed because of the coronavirus situation? And also should I proceed to send the evidence for my first application? (They will most likely say I’m not eligible)
Original post by arialll
Thank you, is the address still the same? Or has it changed because of the coronavirus situation? And also should I proceed to send the evidence for my first application? (They will most likely say I’m not eligible)

The address on that website is correct. Your first application is ok, you don't need to send another. Once you send the Migrant Worker evidence then you will be assessed as a child of a Migrant Worker instead of the 5 year res for home students.
Thanks, Isaac.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending