Rgreen2704
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey! Is anyone else planning on studying speech and language therapy starting in September 2021? What subjects do you take for A level/Highers and where are you planning to apply to?
Student2514
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi! I was looking at newcastle personally, I take biology, English language and psychology a level! I’m also considering paramedical science so still trying to decide 🥰
Rgreen2704
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Oooh okay awesome! How is psychology? I considered taking it but decided not to
Eloisevane
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hey! I’m in exactly the same position as you right now. Do you mind me asking if this hindered your applications. If not, where did you get accepted into ?
Eloisevane
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by 123Tina123)
Hi!! I am planning to apply for a SLT masters in 2020, so far all I know is that I'm applying for UCL and City as I want to live at home. But will probably end up applying for more because I reaaally want to get in. The problem I am having at the moment is that I really don't have enough work experience. I only decided I wanted to do SLT a few months ago and I am currently working full time and its been sooo hard trying to find work experience in the evenings and weekends. So not very hopeful
Hey! I’m in the exact same position this year. Do you mind me asking whether this hindered your application? If not, where did you get accepted into ?
TeaAndCats
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by pak1994)
Just to say, the information you received previously about funding isn't quite correct. You get access to the SAME loan as undergraduates for a pre-registration healthcare course and so you can access the full tuition fee and maintenance loans from SFE for BOTH years of the masters courses.

The tricky/confusing bit is that when you do your application through student finance you have to select the undergraduate not postgraduate option but then you pick the masters course which will be listed for your university (this caught out quite a few people on my course).

https://thefundingclinic.org.uk/postgraduate/
Ah, okay, I see what you mean. Thank you for clarifying (:
Student2514
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Rgreen2704)
Oooh okay awesome! How is psychology? I considered taking it but decided not to
Sorry I never saw your response, I personally love it but then I find the course interesting! A lot to remember!
justeve
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Eloisevane)
Hey! I’m in the exact same position this year. Do you mind me asking whether this hindered your application? If not, where did you get accepted into ?
Hi! Me too! I'm finding it even harder to gain experience due to Covid I really hope the universities take this into account.
username5430902
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Rgreen2704)
Hey! Is anyone else planning on studying speech and language therapy starting in September 2021? What subjects do you take for A level/Highers and where are you planning to apply to?
Hey! Yes. I plan on applying to the speech and language therapy postgraduate program at leeds, sheffield and essex
giella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by justeve)
Hi Paravelle,

I've just started my applications for 2021, and seen that UCL charge a £90 fee to apply. Do you know if this is just UCL or do other universities charge this? Pretty shocking!
Thanks
A lot of postgraduate courses charge an admin fee for applications. It discourages time wasters and encourages serious applications.
Paravelle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by justeve)
Hi Paravelle,

I've just started my applications for 2021, and seen that UCL charge a £90 fee to apply. Do you know if this is just UCL or do other universities charge this? Pretty shocking!
Thanks
Oh wow - I didn't have to pay £90 when I applied but it was a while ago. That does seem ridiculous, though! I haven't heard of that being the case for any course at any uni...
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi!

I am a current 4th-year MSci Speech and Language Therapy student at the University of Reading. If you have any questions about the course in general, the course at Reading itself, or about university life, please feel free to ask away!

I absolutely love studying at Reading, studying Speech and Language Therapy and being part of the Speech and Language Therapy community!

Ellen
Student Ambassador
Vaishee
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi, I’m just wondering if anyone is thinking of applying for Speech and language therapy for 2021 for undergraduate course?
yagv
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hey, is anyone applying to do speech and language therapy undergraduate course for 2021?
Vaishee
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Has anyone applied for Speech therapy for 2021 undergraduate
odsokx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi - I'm curious about the SLT placements for postgrad - how far they are from the uni itself? I'm thinking of commuting from west london to UoR but wanted to know more about the placement catchment area.
UniofReading
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by odsokx)
Hi - I'm curious about the SLT placements for postgrad - how far they are from the uni itself? I'm thinking of commuting from west london to UoR but wanted to know more about the placement catchment area.
Hey odsokx,

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to that question sorry! But feel free to ask it here https://www.reading.ac.uk/forms/crm/question.aspx

Sorry, I couldn't be of any more help but if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask!😊
From,

Amina
giella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by odsokx)
Placements are requested from all providers within a certain catchment area for any uni. As long as it’s accessible via public transport, you can be placed there. If the commute is over a certain duration, they will find accommodation costs as well (or used to). It’s just what you’re expected to do.
UniofReading
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi,

The placement catchment area is actually quite broad! But the university takes into consideration where you live and so give you a placement that considers your distance from where you are living rather than from the university itself.

I am a car driver and live in Reading, so I could be driving anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour and half each way to placement. They do take into consideration whether you had a longer commute for the previous placement and then would aim to give you a shorter commute to the next placement. But it really does just depend on what placements are available.

Hope this helps, please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Ellen
Speech and Language Therapy Student
ele2
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi,
I will be applying for speech and language therapy at Newcastle, Leeds, Sheffield and Uni of manchester. Still deciding on my fifth choice!
Looking forward to what the year will bring
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (299)
84.23%
No (56)
15.77%

Watched Threads