The Student Room Group

A level subjects helpppp

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kittyfifi123456
Thanks for your advice!

To add to @PetitePanda's advice, you will also need to achieve an A/A* in Mathematics to be able to take Computer Science. Perhaps, try and see if you can find a textbook and look at the content, just to get an idea of what it will be like.
Other subjects that compliment Maths are Physics, Chemistry, Further Maths, Computer Science.
Original post by 5hyl33n
To add to @PetitePanda's advice, you will also need to achieve an A/A* in Mathematics to be able to take Computer Science. Perhaps, try and see if you can find a textbook and look at the content, just to get an idea of what it will be like.
Other subjects that compliment Maths are Physics, Chemistry, Further Maths, Computer Science.

yeah i starting to practise some a level maths as i am free for like ages.....

But at the same time i'm stressing about the grades as everything is messed up!

I feel like i'll do maths,computer science and maybe rs or english literature as i know science is good but i find it really hard and further maths is really hard aswell
Original post by kittyfifi123456
yeah i starting to practise some a level maths as i am free for like ages.....

But at the same time i'm stressing about the grades as everything is messed up!

I feel like i'll do maths,computer science and maybe rs or english literature as i know science is good but i find it really hard and further maths is really hard aswell

Thanks for the CS clarification.

Unfortunately maths and the sciences will only get harder. If you're already finding it difficult, I do not suggest taking an irrelevant subject that will take a lot of your time. English literature for example, whilst not difficult, will eat up a lot of your time, making your focus on the more relevant subjects a challenge.

I do programming at university as I'm a final year engineering student, and it was definitely a challenge to get into programming.
The difficult part was learning to think like a robot, and thinking how to write out mathematical concepts in a suitable code format.
Thus, if you really want to get into computer science and get good at it, I'll suggest taking Maths, Computer Science, Physics / Engineering and a "soft" subject of your choice (a language would be very useful!). Since you have time now also, why not start learning a programming language? Get yourself an arduino / raspberry pi, breadboard kit and work on a fun little project!
Original post by Tredoltle
Thanks for the CS clarification.

Unfortunately maths and the sciences will only get harder. If you're already finding it difficult, I do not suggest taking an irrelevant subject that will take a lot of your time. English literature for example, whilst not difficult, will eat up a lot of your time, making your focus on the more relevant subjects a challenge.

I do programming at university as I'm a final year engineering student, and it was definitely a challenge to get into programming.
The difficult part was learning to think like a robot, and thinking how to write out mathematical concepts in a suitable code format.
Thus, if you really want to get into computer science and get good at it, I'll suggest taking Maths, Computer Science, Physics / Engineering and a "soft" subject of your choice (a language would be very useful!). Since you have time now also, why not start learning a programming language? Get yourself an arduino / raspberry pi, breadboard kit and work on a fun little project!

Hello,
thanks for your response,it is very useful!

I was just thinking that doesn't RS link with CS as the RS i may do is mixed with philosophy,ethics and reliigon and i've researched about it and it says that "Featured snippet from the webPhilosophy involves, among many things, the study of logic and how sentences express things. ... Indeed, the abstract nature of computer science, coupled with its technological ambitions, ensures that many of the conceptual questions that arise in the philosophies of mathematics and technology have computational analogues"

I would take physics but i find it difficult and some parts are hard to understand and i feel like won't be able to cope with it in the future if i don't understand it!

i'm guessing you took maths,CS and physics!

Also i'm currently learning to programming in moe detail as i really want to create an app using coding and hopefully it will go to the app store(a bit too confident-lol)

i believe that computer science is the answer to our future and it is soo cool what you are doing!!!!

Also good luck in your career and thanks once again!

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest