The Student Room Group

magic circle and undergraduate degree

got an offer for KCL economics and Durham economics, which would be better when combined with a law conversion course to get me into a magic circle law firm
Reply 1
I think there is little difference between the two in terms of prestige, so choose the uni you like the feel of more/course offered and the one that you think you will be able to get a higher grade at the end of it.
Reply 2
Original post by Morg7n
I think there is little difference between the two in terms of prestige, so choose the uni you like the feel of more/course offered and the one that you think you will be able to get a higher grade at the end of it.

thanks, in terms of preference I would rather go kings its just I was worried that kings had gone past its prime and couldn't get me to one of those types of firms, which is the only reason why I would pick durham
Final year undergraduate and Future MC Trainee here. In terms of prestige, there's nothing in it. Although Durham may be seen as having a slightly higher ranking (both academically and in the law sphere https://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/where-to-start/newsletter/law-firms-preferred-universities), it's become apparent over the years that firms go to Durham a lot less than other unis due to the distance (e.g. I've heard a few Durham Uni students complain that some firms don't have Campus Ambassador roles for their unis/host less informal networking events). Equally, it's easier for you to get to Open Days or networking events if you're in London itself. Basically there's nothing in it, choose whichever you like more! (Note: I go to neither, just some things I've picked up on over the years!). Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending