The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laynz1
How does gamsat know which set of results to send if we have more than I set of results... and one sitting is a poor result ? I have recd the form from gamsat but cannot see on there anything an option to select which results

Hi! I was wondering the same thing, but I think this might be how you do it!

I believe if you go to your home page you should be able to see your different sittings. Each one has a 'manage' tab next to it. If you click that, it'll show your all your personal information for that sitting, and somewhere on the list it'll say 'Course Countries' and then you'll most likely have selected 'UK' at the time of registering (if not, you can scroll to the bottom of the page and update your information to include the UK to that particular sitting). Then save. Do this for each sitting that you want your results to be sent to UK institutions.

This is the part I am unsure on - I think that if you've filled in 'UK' for a sitting then that sitting's results will be sent to the choices you select on that 'Select Institutions' form on the home page, providing those sittings are March 2020, September 2020, March 2021, September 2021 (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Now I don't want one of my previous sittings to be sent off with this year's one so I'm trying to figure out how I get about that (because it says I HAVE to select a country)? I'm thinking of maybe selecting Ireland/Australia for the one I don't want to be sent? I'm unsure on that part haha sorry, but hopefully the rest makes sense!
Original post by Student_222
Hi so a little different for me as im vet med applicant but for UCDublin graduate entry they also require GAMSAT, just wondering what people are doing to prep as the books online seem very expensive and range from £40-400, are the books (specifically looking at the master series gold standard ones) worth paying for?

Hi! I would agree with the others and say it's not worth spending loads and loads on resources. If you scroll up a little on this page you can read my reply to someone else that had a similar question, I talked a little bit about what I personally found useful there. Hope it helps and good luck with your preparation:smile:
Does anyone have any idea of where the GAMSAT was held in Edinburgh or has been previously?
Original post by Bexjw
Does anyone have any idea of where the GAMSAT was held in Edinburgh or has been previously?

Last year in September (2020) it was held in the Hilton, not too far from Edinburgh Waverley train station.
Anyone else having nightmares about September results? :cry:
Original post by micholate9
Anyone else having nightmares about September results? :cry:

I'd convinced myself they'd be out today! Just want to know one way or another. Fingers crossed for everyone!
Original post by Charli93e
I'd convinced myself they'd be out today! Just want to know one way or another. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Yes, me too! I kept waking up in the middle of the night to frantically check my phone! Every day we're one day closer I suppose...
When are these results coming out?!? I feel like I'm going crazy at this point. I don't think they'll be out till next week at this point.
The results were out on the 16th last November, so I highly doubt they'll be earlier this year.
I'm guessing Monday
Anyone have any idea when GAMSAT Results are possibly going to be released? Stressing about them!!
Original post by nat_acmed
Anyone have any idea when GAMSAT Results are possibly going to be released? Stressing about them!!

Read the above.

Considering that they came out on the 3rd Monday of November last year (16th November 2020) it is likely that it will be the same this year (15th November 2021).

Post originally created by ecolier.
Original post by nat_acmed

Please don't double post... it's against TSR rules. Another reminder to read the above.

Original post by NatsP29
The results were out on the 16th last November, so I highly doubt they'll be earlier this year.

why would you assume they will be later than last year. Notts have a deadline for 17th november for GAMSAT results.
Original post by Lewis T K
Last year in September (2020) it was held in the Hilton, not too far from Edinburgh Waverley train station.

Thank you very much! I usually choose Liverpool but as I’m now relocated to Shetland, Edinburgh is by far the most ‘convenient’ test centre!

As for results, Acer love Friday releases. If I was to bet money on it, I’d say tomorrow.
Original post by Bexjw
...as I’m now relocated to Shetland...

:eek: Are you serious?!

Original post by Yukio.X
why would you assume they will be later than last year. Notts have a deadline for 17th november for GAMSAT results.

I have a suspicion unis already have the results as some people got an email yesterday saying their details couldn't be found.
Original post by micholate9
I have a suspicion unis already have the results as some people got an email yesterday saying their details couldn't be found.

This makes me anxious, I didn't get an email so maybe I did awful😭
I'm confused as to how this was even posted in this thread considering I posted it in a completely different thread, not this one.
No need to be rude please, this was clearly an accident

Latest

Trending

Trending