The Student Room Group

Worried about future

I just have been worrying about my future as in my career. Its just things like I just need to be able to drive, pass my gcses and get money.

Its not hard doing all three I just need to acheive them all which is hard. Driving and maybecollege are both pretty important because if I dont get my driving licence im screwed and if I dont go to college im screwed as well and if I dont get the money in Im also screwed so I can do all three thats what Ive been doing. If I got my gcses and I wasnt able to drive Im screwed because ill just be depressed relying on public transport to get anywhere and most people need a driving licence these days and its so embarassing if you dont espeically for me, Im a man, I like cars so much, Ive just wanted to drive for so long, when I say so long I mean years and years also most people drive so its going to **** me up so much if Im not able to drive but everyone around me can when Im the one who wanted to drive.

I just am worried about this because I failed my theory test twice and struggled to learn in manual car badly with 2 instructors, one them even implied hat I might not he able get my licence and that is my biggest fear so it really ****ed me up and scarred me to the point I was feeling so down unable to sleep. Im on my third instructor doing auto which is better but I need to pass my theory. I want to just pass my test soon as well because im sick of public transport so much and it just will make me so happy if i could drive. Atm im not confident about myself, I just cant drive, I didnt get my gcses, ive got not girlfriend, im at college which i dont like partly because i dont drive, i get a lift there and bus back which i really hate. Im screwed without my licence. Im also screwed without my gcses because every employer will ask for them and if i go no gcses theyll basically reject me. Im just screwed if i dont get both of them but i just doubt I will get them.

When I was at school I wanted to do an aprentiship at a car garage which i didnt get the gcses for so never applied and that put me so down, thats whats making me doubt not passing my driving test and gcses. Staff at school told me Im not going to acheive my gcses and get this aprentiship. Im over that but just still get down and doubt myself over it but I thought my life was ****** if i dont get the aprentiship but its not and maybe when im a bit older i might be able to get it. Anyway im actually ****** if i dont get my gcses and driving licence this time im 18 years old and getting this is my career back then i was 15. Its that its embarassing about not getting my gcses but its also the fact that it effects me and my life if i dont get it same with the gcses. The gcses might be less impprtant than the driving licence because i do see people with jobs with no gcses but my licence im definately screwed if i dont get it with my confidence, career, life in general, imagine being a dad but cant drive it will look bad when I have kids and me if i can get kids because women dont want a man who doesnt drive, then if the women doesnt drive you are basically ****** and being driven round by your wife is embarassing. Basically what im saying is really really need to get my driving licence or my whole life is will be a disaster and ill be useless guy who depressed/unmotivated. Driving is a basic skill you expect most adults to have, probably even people who are 17-20 you probably look and expect they are driving or atleast learning.

I just wanted to come on here to see what replies or advice people can offer.
Reply 1
Hello friend, failure is not the bad thing but giving up. Failure is a major step to success. You don't just have to give up just like that. Dedicate your time for learning and keep trying consistently and this will just be a story you share very soon that once I can't but now I can
Reply 2
Original post by Dalson
Hello friend, failure is not the bad thing but giving up. Failure is a major step to success. You don't just have to give up just like that. Dedicate your time for learning and keep trying consistently and this will just be a story you share very soon that once I can't but now I can

It just getts bad when you keep failing
Reply 3
Yes but yo

Original post by Anonymous
It just getts bad when you keep failing

You are right but the sweetest thing in failing is that it contributes a lot to success story
Just imagine and see yourself as u can and will do it and see your dreams come reality.
The greatest thing to dear is fear itself
Reply 4
Original post by Dalson
Yes but yo

You are right but the sweetest thing in failing is that it contributes a lot to success story
Just imagine and see yourself as u can and will do it and see your dreams come reality.
The greatest thing to dear is fear itself

Its demotivating when you keep failing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending