The Student Room Group

Why can't we put TSR admins/support staff on the ignore list?

Why are they an exception? There is a member of TSR whose post grate on my nerves and frankly I don't want to see them or get replies from them. However, I tried and can't. Why is this?

Scroll to see replies

Surely they will do something for you if you just ask them in the community section..... I am certain they would be willing to help tbh.
Is it really that bothersome? You have a hard life.
It's so that you don't miss important posts or messages.

However I do believe that some 'officials' get into arguments a little too often, and sometimes are purposefully inflammatory. They should be made to remain neutral, if we're not allowed to ignore.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Why are they an exception? There is a member of TSR whose post grate on my nerves and frankly I don't want to see them or get replies from them. However, I tried and can't. Why is this?

You know the admin can see through anon, right, so they know who posted this...
Lmao because they’re gods and thus above the law. They need to be able to send you messages and warnings so that’s why they can’t and won’t be ignored
:iiam:
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox

However I do believe that some 'officials' get into arguments a little too often, and sometimes are purposefully inflammatory. They should be made to remain neutral, if we're not allowed to ignore.

Forum Helpers are also un-ignorable (just tried), which is strange.
Why are you anon for this?
Reply 9
This was normal on basically every forum years ago
Original post by 1st superstar
Why are you anon for this?

probably so the person being blocked doesn't find the thread
Original post by _gcx
probably so the person being blocked doesn't find the thread

I see anyway they can no longer post under anon now

Plenty of Volunteers may well leave the team if that were the case, I've advocated the ignore list change for a while now.

There are definitely some, agreed
Cant take people hiding behind anonymous seriously. I would remove the feature as its normally abused and the refuge of a lot of trolls.
The only officials who should stay neutral and enforce the rules are reds as direct employees of TSR, otherwise TSR community rules apply to volunteers as well as anyone else.
Original post by 999tigger
Cant take people hiding behind anonymous seriously. I would remove the feature as its normally abused and the refuge of a lot of trolls.
The only officials who should stay neutral and enforce the rules are reds as direct employees of TSR, otherwise TSR community rules apply to volunteers as well as anyone else.

Agree - so long as other posters are allowed to put them on the ignore list :smile:. That's the key point here. If someone is too important to be on that list, or it's now allowed for whatever reason, they shouldn't be allowed to go winding people up :smile:.

I’d say the VTs should be un-ignorable too - or at least the ignore list shouldn’t block PMs from those users or should have a tick box to flag moderation related posts so that those posts aren’t hidden.

The ignore list function has been made much worse since the “improvements” to thread views. There’s still no way to quote or rep a post from someone on your ignore list.

My odd permissions as a PS helper mean I’m un-ignorable which is clearly ridiculous.

A lot of people wouldn't get the help they need if there was no anonymous feature.
Original post by Treetop321
A lot of people wouldn't get the help they need if there was no anonymous feature.

Yes, but you don't need to be anonymous to ask what sort of tea makes the best cuppa, or who you think might win the league. Anonymous has a very useful role, but it's being misused so much now that the TSR 'community' is affected. TSR was never 4chan.
Original post by Anonymous

Ironic that you've posted this under Anonymous, don't you think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending