The Student Room Group

Changing my Course to Medicine

I am currently 1st year in my Law degree. I am intending on leaving next month and doing A level chemistry next year, in order to apply for medicine. Because I was in uni for 1 year, will I get finance for all 5 years of my medicine degree?
Yes. But if you needed to repeat a year then that second additional year would not get tuition fee funding
Original post by confused170
I am currently 1st year in my Law degree. I am intending on leaving next month and doing A level chemistry next year, in order to apply for medicine. Because I was in uni for 1 year, will I get finance for all 5 years of my medicine degree?

Contact student finance, for the correct advice
Reply 3

Off topic, but did you realise that from this year you can apply for medicine at Newcastle without any science subjects at A level.
Reply 4
Original post by meddad
Off topic, but did you realise that from this year you can apply for medicine at Newcastle without any science subjects at A level.

no way! I will definitely consider applying there!
Reply 5
no way! I will definitely consider applying there!

Not all references to Newcastle entry requirements are up to date. You need to search for the Medical Schools Council Entry Requirements 2020. You will find a document with entry requirements for all Med Schools. It's also of course on the Newcastle website, although I don't think it jumps out at you quite so much.

I'm assuming it will be the same for 2021 entry, but best to check when that document is published. Newcastle historically also need a high UCAT score to get an interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending