The Student Room Group

PPE Placement Jobs

What sort of jobs placements would I be able to get on a PPE course placement year? Ideally I would like something in the banking/finance area for a job but I am unsure wether it is worth taking a regular 3 year course or a 4 year course with placement.
Reply 1
Original post by RhythmOfStancer
What sort of jobs placements would I be able to get on a PPE course placement year? Ideally I would like something in the banking/finance area for a job but I am unsure wether it is worth taking a regular 3 year course or a 4 year course with placement.

You should be asking yourself what exactly is it that you want to do career wise, then apply for roles related to that for your placement. If its risk analysis placement you want, then apply for risk analyst roles, if its accounting or marketing then apply for those. You should start doing research of the finance and banking industry, learn and understand how the industry works; what roles are available and what they consists of; major companies within the industry and what opportunities are available. Once you have identified what you want, then you focus on strengthening your application to get hired.

Your degree subject will be irrelevant and you won't get offers based on it, but rather your personality, skills and experience (which are extremely important. If you go on a job site like indeed and search for placement role, you'll see that many do not care about your degree subject.

Apart from that, choose a course you will actively enjoy and are passionate about. Makes uni far more fun and less painful.

Quick Reply

Latest