The Student Room Group

Would you tell boyfriend your infertile?

Scroll to see replies

sorry to hear that how did it happen? You don't need to say it straight away at only 18.
I’d tell someone 3 months or so into dating I think. That’s long enough for them to decide if they like you enough for it not to be a problem, but not so long that you’ve deceived them and wasted loads of their time.
Are you sure you’re completely infertile though, like no womb or ovaries at all? That’s almost unheard of in a woman your age. Have you been told that by a doctor recently, because things can change over the years if it’s been a long time since someone told you that it may no longer be true. You can get around most problems, like you can use donor eggs if you have no ovaries so you can still carry a baby, or if you have ovaries but no womb you can use a surrogate to carry the baby. I have polycystic ovary syndrome which causes no periods and reduced fertility yet I have three children (thanks to clomid, a medicine you can take to make you ovulate, I was prescribed by a doctor at a fertility clinic). Good luck to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending