The Student Room Group

A-level biology

Anyone who did A-level biology have tips to share?
I'm planning to study biology alongside with 2 different a-levels and I'm still unsure whether I should pick biology or not. I used to hate science all the way through year 7,8,9 but stared loving it in year 10 and 11 because of my new teacher and jumped 3 grades in a year. pls help... :/
What are the other two A-Levels?

I know someone who was in bottom set for science but worked super hard and got pushed up to top set by year 11. She got an A/A* at GCSE (I can’t remember which) but ended up getting an E at A-level. Having said this, I’m SURE that other people will have been in the same situation as you who did really well at A-level.

If you genuinely love science, I think you’ll be okay. Are you doing triple? It makes the transition MUCH easier, and if you aren’t you’ll probably have to do lots of catchup over the holidays, so that’s something to consider to.

My sister hated English Literature until she studied Shakespeare in year 11 but she’s taking it at A-level and she’s predicted an A*!

Try having a look at the syllabus for your exam board and see if it interests you - that will help you to stay motivated and will encourage you to study so you’ll get better grades.

Good luck :smile:
Defo strengthen your GCSE knowledge and maybe look on youtube videos to see if you would like the topics you learnt. On amazon, if you look on CGP Headstart to biology, it's free on kindle edition if that helps. Good luck :smile:
Original post by PetitePanda
Defo strengthen your GCSE knowledge and maybe look on youtube videos to see if you would like the topics you learnt. On amazon, if you look on CGP Headstart to biology, it's free on kindle edition if that helps. Good luck :smile:

hey, I've downloaded that book do u think I should write notes on it or not ?
Original post by girlysirly
hey, I've downloaded that book do u think I should write notes on it or not ?

If you want to, it's up to you
Original post by PetitePanda
If you want to, it's up to you

ok

Quick Reply

Latest