The Student Room Group

What do you think happens when you die?

Do you think about Heaven, Hell, Nothingness, etc

Scroll to see replies

The same thing that happened before you were born - nothing. You don’t exist. None of your energy carries over to another place. You’re gone and have no consciousness.

I know this line of thinking doesn’t satisfy a lot of people - this is where religion offers a degree of comfort and appeasement.
Like before you're born, oops kinda copied Burridge
Reply 3
Nothing.

I've had some nice thoughts about going back in time after I die and living life differently but sadly that isn't based in reality, it's just a fun thought.
Original post by Burridge
The same thing that happened before you were born - nothing. You don’t exist. None of your energy carries over to another place. You’re gone and have no consciousness.

I know this line of thinking doesn’t satisfy a lot of people - this is where religion offers a degree of comfort and appeasement.

So do you believe in body preservation that may allow for restarting the electro/cerebral pathways personality making pathways?
your soul will either go to heaven or hell, where you go depends on whether you believed on the Lord Jesus Christ when you were alive.

and your body will decompose and smell horrendous as it does so unless you get cremated then maybe not.
Original post by Leviathan1611
your soul will either go to heaven or hell, where you go depends on whether you believed on the Lord Jesus Christ when you were alive.

and your body will decompose and smell horrendous as it does so unless you get cremated then maybe not.

I thought it doesn't matter whether you believed in jesus when you were alive. It's whether you claimed him as your saviour once you died.
That's the way I always understood it anyway.
You slowly and fascinatingly rot
Original post by AnonymousNoMore
I thought it doesn't matter whether you believed in jesus when you were alive. It's whether you claimed him as your saviour once you died.
That's the way I always understood it anyway.

that what I meant, I just used different wording, sorry for the misunderstanding. when I say believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, I mean to put all your faith and trust in Jesus Christ and what he did on the cross to save you and not trust in your own good deeds.
Original post by WoodlandSorcerer
You slowly and fascinatingly rot

as well as stinking up the whole coffin, that is, if you're in one.

Don’t know why this made me crease so much
a funeral happens
Don’t know why this made me crease so much

"crease"?
as well as stinking up the whole coffin, that is, if you're in one.

Well no one else is there with you so doesn’t really matter. In fact, that stench is actually a gorgeous and very enticing smell for worms, flies, bugs and mini beasts
Original post by TheTroll73
a funeral happens

unless no one cared about you then probably not.
"crease"?

You not up to date with London lingo??? “Crease” = laugh
Well no one else is there with you so doesn’t really matter. In fact, that stench is actually a gorgeous and very enticing smell for worms, flies, bugs and mini beasts

buzzkill.😤
You not up to date with London lingo??? “Crease” = laugh

I'm unsociable so I wouldn't know. sorry😋

That's why I don't like Christianity so much. There's no reason for me to believe in Jesus, he's never showed me he exists at all. But because of that he sends me to hell? That sounds very unethical to me.
I personally think heaven and hell are just states of mind.

Now when we die, there are a few theories that I find plausible.

The first is reincarnation.

The second is that we enter the etheric realm, and depending on whether we lived life in a high vibration or low vibration dictates what plane we arrive on. If it's one of the lower planes, we'll have to work through our negative karma and issues so we can ascend and reach the higher planes.

The third is that we go back to source/God/the universe and become that which is everything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending