esu00pheobe
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am scared I won't get into a Russel group university, what universities outside of that group are good/respectable for law?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by esu00pheobe)
I am scared I won't get into a Russel group university, what universities outside of that group are good/respectable for law?
Lancaster but they require AAB - likely lower in Clearing.

Unis like Kent are still decent at ABB - likely much lower in Clearing.

What are you likely to get?
esu00pheobe
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
Lancaster but they require AAB - likely lower in Clearing.

Unis like Kent are still decent at ABB - likely much lower in Clearing.

What are you likely to get?
im not sure hopefully AAA
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
im not sure hopefully AAA
Are you in Year 13 and worrying you might not get into the unis you applied to or Year 12 and thinking ahead?
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello esu00pheobe,
Have you considered Lancaster? It's a non-Russell Group university but is consistently ranked as a top 10 university. You can read more about our reputation here: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/wh...nd-reputation/
You can speak to current law students to get an idea about the course using UniBuddy: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/chat/
You can connect using online webinars to get a feel for the university here: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/connect/
If you have any questions or queries about Lancaster University or the city, then let me know and I'll be happy to help!
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Johnny ~
Badges: 15
Report 1 year ago
You will probably get into one anyway. What are your grades like?

(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hello esu00pheobe,
Have you considered Lancaster? It's a non-Russell Group university but is consistently ranked as a top 10 university. You can read more about our reputation here: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/wh...nd-reputation/
You can speak to current law students to get an idea about the course using UniBuddy: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/chat/
You can connect using online webinars to get a feel for the university here: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/connect/
If you have any questions or queries about Lancaster University or the city, then let me know and I'll be happy to help!
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
It's nowhere near the top ten for law.
StudentRep Medway
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey there!
As harrysbar has mentioned, the University of Kent could be a good non-Russell group university choice for you Currently, the law entry requirements are AAA-ABB. If you'd like, you can chat to a current Kent student studying Law using Kent's unibuddy programme if you're interested in finding out more about the course at all Here's the link - Unibuddy
In the meantime, if you are thinking about Kent and have any questions, please feel free to ask!
Best of luck with your A-levels and university applications
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lancaster, Northumbria and Reading (in my opinion)
Pugglet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Northumbria is good as you do the SQE / bar as part of the MLaw course other than that it’s okay for law
esu00pheobe
Rep:
?
y

(Original post by harrysbar)
Are you in Year 13 and worrying you might not get into the unis you applied to or Year 12 and thinkinng ahead?
year 12 and thinking ahead
esu00pheobe
Rep:
?
w

(Original post by Pugglet)
Northumbria is good as you do the SQE / bar as part of the MLaw course other than that it’s okay for law
hat is the sqe?
Pugglet
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
w

hat is the sqe?
It’s the LPC or the new version
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
LPC is totally different way one can be qualified to a solicitor from the SQE. SQE is a new exam that also lets you qualify but it has a different structure and requirements. It's available in Autumn 2021 if I remember correctly.
w

hat is the sqe?
The University of Law Students
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you considered the University of Law as an option for your LLB? The entry requirements are BBB ULaw has campuses across the country so you could chose whichever location suited you best if this appealed to you!

Jess
Student Ambassador at ULaw
Johnny ~
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by The University of Law Students)
Have you considered the University of Law as an option for your LLB? The entry requirements are BBB ULaw has campuses across the country so you could chose whichever location suited you best if this appealed to you!

Jess
Student Ambassador at ULaw
Were the entry requirements lowered recently? I recall them being higher for the LLB.
The University of Law Students
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Johnny ~)
Were the entry requirements lowered recently? I recall them being higher for the LLB.
Not as far as I am aware for as long as I have been at ULaw the entry requirements have been BBB.

Jess
esu00pheobe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Pugglet)
Hi i searched up Northumbria but I am confused... is it in London? or Newcastle? im probably missing something big here haha
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi i searched up Northumbria but I am confused... is it in London? or Newcastle? im probably missing something big here haha
It's in Newcastle.
Pugglet
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
It is Newcastle but they do have a campus in London and Amsterdam also.
Euphoria101
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I've liked Kent as a non-RG for a while. I know last year they were definitely in clearing, but it's a decent uni tbh (in my opinion). Lancaster is also a good one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (68)
19.1%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.33%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.78%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.84%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.09%
Taster lectures or seminars (76)
21.35%
Speak to current students studying my course (81)
22.75%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (15)
4.21%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.65%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.25%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
1.97%

Watched Threads