Does anyone have revision resources / a spec for AQA A Level Philosophy & Religion?

Watch
InspiredPleb
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hey guys - bit of a crap time for everyone, huh?
So I'm in Y11, doing A Level Philosophy & Religion in September(?). The awkward thing is, it's 1 option. And it's with AQA, and I can find specs and revision guides for Philosophy, and revision guides for Religion, but not one combined. Apparently, the course is 50% of both. Sooo… it's a bit of a pain I can't find a spec or official resources!
I'd just like an idea of what I'm going to be studying, and perhaps read some revision resources to prepare me, given that I'm going to be behind in my studies regardless. Thank you!

(also, I'm sorry if this should've gone in the Philosophy and religious studies forum. I didn't know if that applied to Uni as well as A levels, so yeah.)
kitkadd
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Your study will involve an overview of the main theories in different areas of philosophy.

You will study the following topics:

Unit 1: foundations - a study of philosophical arguments about the existence of God and selected problems in the philosophy of religion. Ethics; ethical concepts and dilemmas.
Unit 2: religious studies - investigations: the study of philosophy of religion: religious experience and the study of ethics: medical ethics; you study one topic.
At A2, you will continue to study philosophy of religion and ethics:

Unit 3: developments -comprises further study of philosophical arguments about the existence of God and selected problems in the philosophy of religion, as well as further study of ethical concepts and problems.
Unit 4: implications - in the implications paper, you are given a piece of text from an anthology and asked one question concerning the implications of this text for religion and human experience.
Attached files
Last edited by kitkadd; 6 months ago
InspiredPleb
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by kadiatuj0001)
Your study will involve an overview of the main theories in different areas of philosophy.

You will study the following topics:

Unit 1: foundations - a study of philosophical arguments about the existence of God and selected problems in the philosophy of religion. Ethics; ethical concepts and dilemmas.
Unit 2: religious studies - investigations: the study of philosophy of religion: religious experience and the study of ethics: medical ethics; you study one topic.
At A2, you will continue to study philosophy of religion and ethics:

Unit 3: developments -comprises further study of philosophical arguments about the existence of God and selected problems in the philosophy of religion, as well as further study of ethical concepts and problems.
Unit 4: implications - in the implications paper, you are given a piece of text from an anthology and asked one question concerning the implications of this text for religion and human experience.
Thank you so much - this spec is exactly what I needed! And with such a quick response time! To be honest, I was scared that nobody here would be doing this course because materials were so scarce...again, thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
35.95%
No (80)
52.29%
I don't know (18)
11.76%

Watched Threads