How can I prepare for geography a level?

Watch
Funnnn
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm beginning OCR geography a level in September and would like a head start.What would you recommend doing to prepare? GCSEs are cancelled so I have a lot of time on my hands. Thanks.
ehfos
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm currently in year 12 and I am writing out a 33 marker for disease dilemmas, I would highly suggest getting the textbook however it is pricy and you can get it cheaper elsewhere but has everything you need in it. anyway the start of geography is great, I did coasts and changing spaces, however, I've moved onto global connections and disease dilemmas which aren't as good but still quite interesting, but there is a lot of case studies throughout - my course has 27 and there is coursework (called NEA) at the start of year 13 which plays a large part in your final grade. Also, there is a few residential/non-residential trips you go on and they are relatively good depending on where you go. Hope this helps and enjoy a-level geography!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (21)
6.25%
Uncertainty around my education (36)
10.71%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (38)
11.31%
Lack of purpose or motivation (47)
13.99%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (17)
5.06%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (14)
4.17%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (35)
10.42%
Financial worries (24)
7.14%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (15)
4.46%
Exposure to negative news/social media (21)
6.25%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (9)
2.68%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (34)
10.12%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (25)
7.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed