The Student Room Group

DSA with a Anxiety Disorder

Would I be entitled to DSA with my student finance for my postgraduate degree. I got diagnosed with it in September 19 and have been taking medication since July 19. Most of the time it is okay and controllable however I still get quite anxious at times and have anxiety attacks. If I am entitled to it what would I receive for it.
yeah past few years mental health problems have been classed as a disability if it significantly affects you - having anxiety attacks should prove you are eligible for DSA :smile:
definitely! it's not the same, but i have ptsd & i'm entitled even though my symptoms are generally controllable/ have mild effects on my work :smile: it's nice to have support just in case! i know they take meds into account to, so let them know if any of the side effects may possibly impact your work. in my situation, i'm looking at receiving lecture slides in advance, flexible deadlines & attendance, possibly software to record lectures in order to concentrate better/ play it back... do a quick google search for mental health + dsa and it should come up with more suggestions!
Reply 3
I just got my dsa confirmed today for anxiety so yes you can get it!

Quick Reply

Latest