How do you break into the Top Six?

Watch
0lut0
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
There's been clubs that have broken into the Top4/6 but very quickly they fall away the likes of Villa, Everton and Newcastle. The only teams i've seen who have sort of solidified their position is Tottenham and Leicester to an extent. I've heard a lot about there being a 'Big Six' monopoly even crazy conspiracies of how the prem rigs the table to ensure the Top 6 stays the same. There's talks of a super league which people say could help with that monopoly but what I want to know is how a club like Sheffield United or Wolves firmly become a consistent Top 4 side? Is it even possible anymore because for me i'm looking at Spurs and Arsenal especially as two clubs that can sort of be replaced I just don't see how you can consistently secure a Top 6 spot just because of your brand, name and history.
username47781
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Only possible with a rich sheikh And a brown envelope to the referee
Neilos
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Money, or rather, consistent income.

That's a few years old (from here) but there's still an obvious gap between revenues for the top six and those for other clubs. Same in the player wages chart, and matchday income per fan chart. Anyone wanting to join them would need comparable matchday, merchandise and sponsorship income, which is rather difficult to achieve without massive investment (and that's seemingly not allowed now, under FFP)...
0lut0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Neilos)
Money, or rather, consistent income.

That's a few years old (from here) but there's still an obvious gap between revenues for the top six and those for other clubs. Same in the player wages chart, and matchday income per fan chart. Anyone wanting to join them would need comparable matchday, merchandise and sponsorship income, which is rather difficult to achieve without massive investment (and that's seemingly not allowed now, under FFP)...
Do you think Wolves could crack it they're under the Fosun ownership they've said to have a ten year plan to basically solidify Wolves as a champions league club talks and plans of expanding the Molineux Stadium. I know it all seems very ambitious but they're ahead of their schedule they have european football and look likely to get it again if the season were to resume if they were to sort of aim for Europa league for the next two seasons and get it then attract europa league talent that already takes them ahead of the likes of a Palace, Burnley and the midtable bracket sides. I think they've got a good shot at it especially the branding potential at the club and with clubs like Spurs and Arsenal still rebuilding do you still think there's a window of opportunity? Because like I said as much as I get the revenue argument if your crap in a season your crap I remember finishing 10th as a Chelsea fan we deserved to finish there say Arsenal finished 8th two seaons in a row could the likes of Wolves, Leicester and Sheff Utd go ahead of them as a club.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (429)
56.75%
I don't have everything I need (327)
43.25%

Watched Threads