The Student Room Group

Signs that a guy sees a future with a girl?

What are some signs that a guy is thinking marriage with a girl? If they have been together for a few years but there has been no real conversation about it
If they often talk about the future and if you are in that vision as-well. So things like, I can't wait to have our own house together and stuff like that.
I mean the most direct way of finding out is by asking what they think of marriage and have that convocation

But just because there are no clear signs about it, doesn't mean he doesn't want to or isn't thinking about it. Perhaps he really does but may feel that you wouldn't want to so isn't showing the signs. So therefore the best advice is to talk about it with them : )
Reply 2
Original post by Noel's Knowledge
If they often talk about the future and if you are in that vision as-well. So things like, I can't wait to have our own house together and stuff like that.
I mean the most direct way of finding out is by asking what they think of marriage and have that convocation

But just because there are no clear signs about it, doesn't mean he doesn't want to or isn't thinking about it. Perhaps he really does but may feel that you wouldn't want to so isn't showing the signs. So therefore the best advice is to talk about it with them : )

Okay, thank you! Do you think age plays a factor? Are guys more likely to want that kind of thing in their late 20s as opposed to early 20s?
Original post by Anonymous
Okay, thank you! Do you think age plays a factor? Are guys more likely to want that kind of thing in their late 20s as opposed to early 20s?

some people don't want marriage nowadays.
Original post by Anonymous

Yeah, a lot of factors come into it. Age is a big one but also how much savings you guys have, when you want kids, if you two are the same religion. Many people also like to live together or have a house first. I would want to make sure our relationship could last while being with each other 24/7 before I popped the question

Quick Reply