girlysirly
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hey, can someone plz tell me which alavels will give me a wide range of choice for degrees. but the alavels can't include biology, chemistry, physics, maths. can u plz tell me the degrees aswell.

thank you x
r555yyyaa
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
a lavel art, english, religioous studies, history, psychology, textiles, drama, dance
username3508100
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
The A-Levels you've mentioned are the ones that will keep your options open the most tbh.

I suppose A-Levels like History, English Lit, Geography, RS mean you can go into things like Law, Philosophy, Classics, History, Politics (maybe?), journalism etc but these don't have amazing career prospects (apart from Law and Politics, really). Psychology obviously means you could go into a Psychology degree, which has a load of different branches, you could become a clinical psychologist, counsellor, forensic psychologist etc but these careers can be quite difficult to get into.

I studied Psych History and RS and am now doing a Psychology degree
Last edited by username3508100; 1 year ago
indianasharp
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Have a look at the 'facilitating subjects' which are the most respected by unis and offer the most career branches. They are:
Geography, History, English Lit, Modern and Ancient Languages
The list also includes maths and the sciences, but of course that's not for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (58)
12.58%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.74%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.46%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
9.33%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (215)
46.64%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.25%

Watched Threads