The Student Room Group

I have an M level PGCE

My M level PGCE made me feel proud and I still feel somewhat proud today, partly because I still have fifteen years until retirement and it's just possible that I can salvage something from the debris.

Here are a few images that support my contention, the data from 2009 was the last year reasonable numbers seemed to be available for postgraduates. I'm not sure if there has been a purposeful reason for my lack of success but I am very hurt by it and as I walk around our wealthy society I honestly find no reason for it.

When you think that this qualification is postgraduate, basically the same level as a medical doctor according to my information and only 7% of the working population qualified to this level in 2009 I think it's a troubling sign of the times that I have had such difficulty, I applied for nearly 800 jobs in about ten years, I was offered part time teaching roles that didn't cover the cost of rent, I have watched as house prices have gone to more than 10 times my expected salary or in London 20 times and it's been very frustrating, I'd also say there's a strange thing about passing this course that no one shows any respect yet I personally believe that it's very respectable and so is anyone whose passed it and as postgrad.com put it in its reasons to study a PGCE that it's a qualification for life- any time anywhere you go but that needs to be the spirit of the qualification and not just words.

pgce m-level.jpgpgce level.jpg09.jpeg
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
I thought I'd find out if my qualification was still considered current, I think I found that it was, although I should add here that it's not about teaching, it's about fairness and there hasn't been much of that in my opinion. What I wanted to see was a wealth of opportunities for someone who had passed a renowned PGCE in further education and training but sadly for me what I found was truly a desert of opportunity and I'm left wondering if the fault was mine or if I have been really let down.
efforts.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending