The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

year 10 UCL worries

Hello! :smile: I am a Year 10 student who wishes to study English at UCL. My current predicted grades for the GCSE's are 7s and 8s. I study at an international school in Spain, but our curriculum is thoroughly British. I have so many questions! Firstly, how would UCL applicants say that the interviews helped with the university's decision? Is English a good option at UCL? Bear in mind I adore reading and always have. Also, is the fact that my first language is Spanish something that UCL will take into account? Is English a very popular course at UCL? Is the social life at UCL good or will I struggle to find friends?
Any answers would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Hola mi amigo.

I've accepted a conditional offer to study Civil Engineering at UCL, so I can't really help you on those course-specific questions. However, in response to your social life question, I would say that you would find it amazing at UCL - I am very excited to go. My brother is currently a second year at UCL and he loves the nightlife and social life at UCL. I really don't think that you would struggle to find friends because UCL is very welcoming and is also highly international. If you go, you'll meet loads from people from all over the world, and most likely many from Spain. This is one reason that I picked UCL as my firm choice.

Hope this answers that question. :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest