The Student Room Group

Should I throw my notes away?

I'm thinking of throwing away my notes and cleaning out all my year 13 stuff. All of the books and notes in my room are just making me feel depressed as weird as it sounds seeing as I never ended up doing exams. I don't know whether or not I should wait though because a VERY small part of me just keeps thinking what if exams come back on or I end up needed them again.

I don't know this situation is just so weird and I'm still feeling so empty lmao. Year 13 really just went whoosh.

Edit: I do the IB as well so that's 6 subjects worth of notes lmao. I was only gonna keep my Chemistry notes
(edited 3 years ago)
I would say keep them until you get your calculated grades
Original post by PetitePanda
I would say keep them until you get your calculated grades

Thank you!
Original post by saturatedghostie
I'm thinking of throwing away my notes and cleaning out all my year 13 stuff. All of the books and notes in my room are just making me feel depressed as weird as it sounds seeing as I never ended up doing exams. I don't know whether or not I should wait though because a VERY small part of me just keeps thinking what if exams come back on or I end up needed them again.

I don't know this situation is just so weird and I'm still feeling so empty lmao. Year 13 really just went whoosh.

Hi, @saturatedghostie!

I'd definitely recommend holding on to them because you never know what could happen. I'm a bit of a hoarder and still have random books from school, and have only recently thrown away my A-Level revision (I'm a third-year at university haha). I know keeping them might be making you feel bad but imagine how you would feel if you did throw them away and needed them in the near future. Could you put them somewhere out of your personal space for now maybe?

Courtney - Official Student Rep :smile:
I'm keeping all my notes but getting rid of any work or revision materials that school gave me that I know that I will not use.
well at gcse i remember taking my french,history and religious education books and burning them as i hated those subjects
but for a levels, every subject i took was blessed so i'll probably just store them in a draw/bury then in a capsule too look back on the good times
I binned mine aha. Probs not the best idea but they were cluttering my room and stressing me out lol. I kept Biology though as I’m doing this at uni.

Don't throw them away. Hold on
Reply 8
I'd recommend keeping them, at least until you get into a university/college/job you're happy with and there will be no chance of you wanting/having to retake them.

definitely keep them until you get your grades - if you aren't happy with them i'm pretty sure you have the option of resitting your exams in uni if you think you can do better :smile:
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi, @saturatedghostie!

I'd definitely recommend holding on to them because you never know what could happen. I'm a bit of a hoarder and still have random books from school, and have only recently thrown away my A-Level revision (I'm a third-year at university haha). I know keeping them might be making you feel bad but imagine how you would feel if you did throw them away and needed them in the near future. Could you put them somewhere out of your personal space for now maybe?

Courtney - Official Student Rep :smile:

I see, okay :smile:
I have kept all my son's primary, secondary school and college books and lots of notes. He wanted to throw them all out but I said he might one day have kids himself and they may come in handy. Provided you have room to store them, keep them for a couple of decades. You just never know if one day in the future someone close to you might find some use for them. ( Plus, they're nice to look over and reminisce about years later. It's amazing what memories looking through them can recall).

Quick Reply

Latest