EBurlton
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I've applied as normal, my birth certificate & form has been received and there's nothing there. My DSA application (which I've been told doesn't affect general student finance) is awaiting evidence. I've had an email saying it's on hold and I was wondering if it's to do with coronavirus or if there's actually an issue with my application? My parents have inputted their incomes properly, and student finance says it's been submitted and they will assess their income.

I no longer wish to apply for DSA so I have emailed two different email addresses, but the call centres are currently shut so that's all I can do. Should I be worried??
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by EBurlton)
So I've applied as normal, my birth certificate & form has been received and there's nothing there. My DSA application (which I've been told doesn't affect general student finance) is awaiting evidence. I've had an email saying it's on hold and I was wondering if it's to do with coronavirus or if there's actually an issue with my application? My parents have inputted their incomes properly, and student finance says it's been submitted and they will assess their income.

I no longer wish to apply for DSA so I have emailed two different email addresses, but the call centres are currently shut so that's all I can do. Should I be worried??
Hi there, we have a partial customer contact service available, our telephone lines are busy. The DSA does not affect your main application, if it's on hold then it will be your ID or parents financial details. What does it say in your online account?
Thanks, Isaac.
EBurlton
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I had my birth certificate sent back but the form was received and kept. My online application just says "submitted" and it says that SFE are assessing my parents' income. I did receive the following email however my parents submitted their financial details the same day I submitted my main application.

"Household Income Check - Academic Year 2020/21

We are currently checking your household income to make sure you get the correct amount of student finance.
We will contact your parent(s)/partner to ask them to confirm their income for the tax year 2018-19.

You don't need to do anything.

Your parent(s)/partner need to respond to us as soon as possible or you may end up getting less student finance than you are entitled to.

We'll contact you to let you know how much student finance you will get once we have completed this check.
To enable us to reference and manage your customer account, please write your Customer Reference Number on every document you send us.

Yours sincerely
Student Finance England"

This is the email I received regarding my application being on hold however by this time my birth certificate & form had already been received and my birth certificate sent back by student finance england. Again, nothing has changed on my online account.

"Student eligibility evidence required - Academic Year 2020/21
Dear Emma Jill Patricia
Thank you for your application for student finance.
Your application is on hold because of the following reason(s):

• Awaiting Eligibility Evidence
We cannot determine your entitlement to student finance until we receive the necessary evidence. You may also have to provide additional information to support your application.
To enable us to reference and manage your customer account, please write your Customer Reference Number on every document you send us.
For further information relating to student finance, please visit our website at www.gov.uk/studentfinance or call us on 0300 100 0607.
Yours sincerely
Student Finance England"
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by EBurlton)
I had my birth certificate sent back but the form was received and kept. My online application just says "submitted" and it says that SFE are assessing my parents' income. I did receive the following email however my parents submitted their financial details the same day I submitted my main application.

"Household Income Check - Academic Year 2020/21

We are currently checking your household income to make sure you get the correct amount of student finance.
We will contact your parent(s)/partner to ask them to confirm their income for the tax year 2018-19.

You don't need to do anything.

Your parent(s)/partner need to respond to us as soon as possible or you may end up getting less student finance than you are entitled to.

We'll contact you to let you know how much student finance you will get once we have completed this check.

Yours sincerely
Student Finance England"

This is the email I received regarding my application being on hold however by this time my birth certificate & form had already been received and my birth certificate sent back by student finance england. Again, nothing has changed on my online account.

"Student eligibility evidence required - Academic Year 2020/21
Dear Emma Jill Patricia
Thank you for your application for student finance.
Your application is on hold because of the following reason(s):

• Awaiting Eligibility Evidence
We cannot determine your entitlement to student finance until we receive the necessary evidence. You may also have to provide additional information to support your application.
For further information relating to student finance, please visit our website at www.gov.uk/studentfinance or call us on 0300 100 0607.
Yours sincerely
Student Finance England"
Good morning, the awaiting eligibility evidence means your ID was not validated. Perhaps the birth certificate form wasn't acceptable. Please private message us on Facebook/Twitter tomorrow after the bank holiday or call us on 0300 100 0607 and we can check to see what is happening.
Thanks, Isaac.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
13.73%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.23%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
5.23%
I need help with my personal statement (65)
42.48%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
23.53%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.96%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (12)
7.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise