The Student Room Group

can someone mark and critque this aqa english paper 1 q4 please

Focus this part of your answer on the second part of the source, from line 19 to the end.

A student said, ‘This part of the story, set in the hat shop, shows that the

red-haired girl has many advantages in life, and I think Rosabel is right to be angry.’

To what extent do you agree?

In your response, you could:

Consider your own impressions of the red-haired girl

Evaluate how the writer conveys Rosabel’s reactions to the red-haired girl

Support your response with references to the text.

I am inclined to agree there is certainly a lot of evidence to suggest that the girl has many advantages in life, she comes across as being a person of wealth and a highly privileged member of society. she has a “well dressed” boyfriend with her, this could be a hint of status. she is “beautiful” and she appears almost goddess like compared to Rosabel. This is further conveyed when She arrives hat shopping and “Rosabel had seen her carriage at the door”. The writers use of the noun “carriage” demonstrates a symbol of her status as only people from a high class society would arrive by such extravagant means of transport.

The writers use of colour is an indication of the two contrasting lives displayed before us, the girl has, ”beautiful red hair and a white skin and eyes the colour of green ribbon shot with gold” this could imply how bright and radiant the girls life is,

compared to Rosabel’s “brown hair” there is no life in this short sharp to the point comment and could signify the dullness of the life she leads.

Whilst it could be argued that Rosabel has a valid reason to be enraged, because of the condescending tone the girl uses throughout the interaction “let me see how it looks on you“ this phrase demonstrates the girl feels Rosabel is a mere pawn and there to cater to her every request. i would suggest that just because the girl has more prestige, beauty and a more comfortable life than Rosabel, she did not choose her upbringing and cannot be accountable for the differences in their lives
Can you provide the full source passage?
Reply 2
Could you please provide the full paper? I can do this for you
Reply 3
That should be it @Hyperbolit, @Benard45
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Benard45
Could you please provide the full paper? I can do this for you

Posted it for you
Reply 5
@help would really appreciate some feedback and a mark if possible please..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending