The Student Room Group

should i let them get away with it?

Basically because we don't get along with our neighbours at all, the husband and 7 year old son used to wake us up in the morning by screaming, roaring and making animal noises really loudly on purpose. Ik its on purpose because when they used to do it at 5 I shouted back isn't it illegal to make noise at 5 and then they started doing it exactly at 7. When I once said to my mum why didn't you wake me up earlier they stopped immediately. And lately because we get up earlier then them they don't do it. My parents said don't report it because they will harass us even more like once the wife nearly ran me over with her car but I had no evidence of it to report her, but it really annoys me letting them get away with it because they did it for nearly everyday for 3 years?
Reply 1
Also when they woke us up and we got annoyed they would just laugh
You should start accumulating evidence systematically in order to present in in court later.

Start devising a plan of how you wish to collect such evidence i.e. video recordings, witnesses, text messages and some types of physical evidence that would be considered solid.

Try not to tell anyone in the neighbourhood of your plan and try not to make it obvious, keep the plan to yourself or share it with a very small circle.

I'm sure within a few months you'll be able to gather enough evidence to prosecute or lawfully report them. Just make sure that you don't make it obvious at any time otherwise the entire scheme will fall asunder!
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
You should start accumulating evidence systematically in order to present in in court later.

Start devising a plan of how you wish to collect such evidence i.e. video recordings, witnesses, text messages and some types of physical evidence that would be considered solid.

Try not to tell anyone in the neighbourhood of your plan and try not to make it obvious, keep the plan to yourself or share it with a very small circle.

I'm sure within a few months you'll be able to gather enough evidence to prosecute or lawfully report them. Just make sure that you don't make it obvious at any time otherwise the entire scheme will fall asunder!

thank you, they just did it again
Why are they doing it? I would just call the police because it isn’t like that will make things worse. You’ll have to wait for a while though.
Reply 5
Original post by YaliaV
Why are they doing it? I would just call the police because it isn’t like that will make things worse. You’ll have to wait for a while though.

The police don't deal with noise nuisance like that; its up to the relevant local council or housing association.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
thank you, they just did it again

You should report it to your local council or housing association (as applicable to your neighbour's property). You can do it online or print off forms to fill out, but be aware there can be a date by which the information has to be submitted. Give it a chance to work, but if it doesnt you can report again.
Reply 7
There should be a noise pollution officer or some such titled person from the council responsible for dealing with this. If you can gather evidence first that would help them and they would take it more seriously having something to work with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending