The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

liverpool uni freshers wristbands

is it worth buying a wristband now for £20-£25, or should i wait? Or is it even worth it at all? Some people have told me not to bother and others say it’s worth it now, but what if the people i go out with want to go out later than 12, or don’t want to go to the events the wristbands are for? Any advice lol?
Original post by ldickinson
is it worth buying a wristband now for £20-£25, or should i wait? Or is it even worth it at all? Some people have told me not to bother and others say it’s worth it now, but what if the people i go out with want to go out later than 12, or don’t want to go to the events the wristbands are for? Any advice lol?

Don’t buy any wristbands until August and then buy them from the student union and not from dodgy promoters on Facebook groups.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Don’t buy any wristbands until August and then buy them from the student union and not from dodgy promoters on Facebook groups.

yeh i’m getting a lot of it in facebook groups, didn’t realise u could buy them elsewhere
Reply 3

Bold / naive of you to assume that things like that will be happening in September...
yeh i’m getting a lot of it in facebook groups, didn’t realise u could buy them elsewhere

90% of the people pressuring you into buying tickets aren’t freshers and aren’t even students.

it’s a scam that they get commission on and they do it by posing as freshers in freshers groups (usually groups they created) and constantly talking about unofficial freshers events. Your SU will be the best source of tickets. These events that they pressure sell never sell out (or if they do there’s dozens of people trying to sell on their unwanted tickets). Freshers balls etc from the SU will sell out.
Reply 5
Original post by Drewski
Bold / naive of you to assume that things like that will be happening in September...

i’m not assuming or naive, i just don’t know whether to buy one now just incase. i’m aware i can get it refunded. everything is up in the air so there’s nothing to say it won’t happen either but you can add that factor into my decision if u wish . i’m just trying to plan for many eventualities and thought i’d ask for advice lol
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
90% of the people pressuring you into buying tickets aren’t freshers and aren’t even students.

it’s a scam that they get commission on and they do it by posing as freshers in freshers groups (usually groups they created) and constantly talking about unofficial freshers events. Your SU will be the best source of tickets. These events that they pressure sell never sell out (or if they do there’s dozens of people trying to sell on their unwanted tickets). Freshers balls etc from the SU will sell out.

ok thanks for the advice! i think i’ll hold off then, seems like a bit of a scam
Reply 7
I've done freshers twice now (feeling old, going into 3rd year). I have never, ever bought a wristband. The main clubs in Liverpool will be open and it is only one club per night that is exclusive to the wristband. There are so many busy clubs here you won't really need one at all. Predrinks normally go to around 12 - 1am anyway and I can't tell you how many people actually have a wristband. The corridor I pre'd with first year didn't have any, so we never went to the special wristband places anyway.

Once you're here, check out: Baa Bar, Electrik, Level, Black Rabbit, The Raz, and La'go. These are the best place imo. There is the invisible wind factor but this is mostly for people ingesting illicit white powders.
Reply 8
Original post by Claisen
I've done freshers twice now (feeling old, going into 3rd year). I have never, ever bought a wristband. The main clubs in Liverpool will be open and it is only one club per night that is exclusive to the wristband. There are so many busy clubs here you won't really need one at all. Predrinks normally go to around 12 - 1am anyway and I can't tell you how many people actually have a wristband. The corridor I pre'd with first year didn't have any, so we never went to the special wristband places anyway.

Once you're here, check out: Baa Bar, Electrik, Level, Black Rabbit, The Raz, and La'go. These are the best place imo. There is the invisible wind factor but this is mostly for people ingesting illicit white powders.

Thank you so much for the suggestions and advice!! I don’t think i’ll bother then, because there’s no point if i get there later that 12 and have to pay entry again. I’ll make sure to try out all those places as well
Hey, I was wondering the same thing as I'm planning on going to Liverpool in September as well, just hoping to find some people before we actually start haha :smile:, what will you be studying?
Reply 10
Original post by jiaoforman
Hey, I was wondering the same thing as I'm planning on going to Liverpool in September as well, just hoping to find some people before we actually start haha :smile:, what will you be studying?

Im studying psychology wbu? :smile:
Im studying psychology wbu? :smile:

I'll be doing criminology! If you wanted to add me on insta its jiao_forman? Just thinking it might be nice to know some people before we get there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending