amir696
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone, I will begin my study in the UK this September, and I received an offer to study BSc Accounting and Finance in KCL and Warwick University.
As for now, I still haven’t decided which university to go. Can I have your opinions on which is the best option in terms of student life, course structure, employability and reputation?
Thank you in advance.
Warwick Business School
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by amir696)
Hi everyone, I will begin my study in the UK this September, and I received an offer to study BSc Accounting and Finance in KCL and Warwick University.
As for now, I still haven’t decided which university to go. Can I have your opinions on which is the best option in terms of student life, course structure, employability and reputation?
Thank you in advance.
Hello amir696

I hope you are well, and congratulations on your offers to study at both KCL and WBS!

In terms of reputation our BSc Accounting & Finance course is ranked 3rd in the UK by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020 and The Guardian University Guide 2020 and our graduates have gone onto work for some great employers including Deloitte, Dyson, EY, KPMG and PwC to name a few

In addition to this, the University of Warwick was recently ranked as one of the UK's top 3 universities targeted by top employers by The Graduate Market in 2020 Report, you can find out more about this here: https://www.wbs.ac.uk/news/wbs-gradu...biggest-firms/

With our BSc Accounting & Finance course you also have the opportunity to extend your degree by a year to complete a professional work placement as part of our Undergraduate Partnership Programme, in collaboration with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). This provides you with a great opportunity to improve your employability skills and stand out in a competitive job market. Our WBS CareersPlus Team can provide you with lots of advice and guidance on finding a placement and can help you with your application.

I hope that helps to answer some of your questions, and if there is anything else, in particular, you would like to know please feel free to ask!

Francesca
amir696
Rep:
?
Thank you Francesca!!
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What do you intend to do when you have graduated? There may be an issue with the Kings course as it doesnt seem to be registered with the accounting bodies for professional exemption. People on this board who have emailed Kings don't seem to have got responses about this. Depending on where in the world you want to work on graduation this could be a pretty big issue.
amir696
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
What do you intend to do when you have graduated? There may be an issue with the Kings course as it doesnt seem to be registered with the accounting bodies for professional exemption. People on this board who have emailed Kings don't seem to have got responses about this. Depending on where in the world you want to work on graduation this could be a pretty big issue.
(Original post by ajj2000)
Hi
For now, my plan after I finished my degree is to complete the CFAB-ICAEW, in the UK if possible.
As an international student, is it possible to get a job in the UK? If so, what are the preparations needed?
amir696
Rep:
?
(Original post by Warwick Business School)
Hello amir696

I hope you are well, and congratulations on your offers to study at both KCL and WBS!

In terms of reputation our BSc Accounting & Finance course is ranked 3rd in the UK by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020 and The Guardian University Guide 2020 and our graduates have gone onto work for some great employers including Deloitte, Dyson, EY, KPMG and PwC to name a few

In addition to this, the University of Warwick was recently ranked as one of the UK's top 3 universities targeted by top employers by The Graduate Market in 2020 Report, you can find out more about this here: https://www.wbs.ac.uk/news/wbs-gradu...biggest-firms/

With our BSc Accounting & Finance course you also have the opportunity to extend your degree by a year to complete a professional work placement as part of our Undergraduate Partnership Programme, in collaboration with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). This provides you with a great opportunity to improve your employability skills and stand out in a competitive job market. Our WBS CareersPlus Team can provide you with lots of advice and guidance on finding a placement and can help you with your application.

I hope that helps to answer some of your questions, and if there is anything else, in particular, you would like to know please feel free to ask!

Francesca
Hi
How about summer internships?
Is it possible for year 1 students to join?
Are internships paid in the UK? If so, what is the hourly rate?
Will internships help me in finding a job in the UK as an international student?
Warwick Business School
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by amir696)
Hi
How about summer internships?
Is it possible for year 1 students to join?
Are internships paid in the UK? If so, what is the hourly rate?
Will internships help me in finding a job in the UK as an international student?
Hello amir696

For summer internships most ‘large’ employers offer their summer internship programmes and opportunities primarily to penultimate year students. However, some companies may offer first year students some summer opportunities.

SMEs are a good alternative option for first year students to consider, our Warwick Summer Internship scheme is available for all undergraduate students, you can find out more here: https://warwick.ac.uk/services/caree...xperience/wsi/
Unfortunately this programme has recently been cancelled for 2020 due to Covid-19.

Our dedicated careers team at WBS can help you with summer internships, and with regard to payment for internships all opportunities that we promote for longer than one month must meet UK national minimum wage requirements (or equivalent if based abroad).

I hope that answers some of your questions
Francesca
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.84%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (31)
16.32%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (31)
16.32%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (28)
14.74%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (52)
27.37%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (35)
18.42%

Watched Threads