The Student Room Group

Freaking out about predicted grades

Hi everyone,

With the current situation for year 13s, our teachers are submitting grades for us in place of taking exams as normal. Comments from my subject teachers have been sent out just regarding our attitude to the subject etc as a way of reflecting on our time at A-level.

I know I'm probably just paranoid but my chem teacher has wrote that he 'advises' me to keep working which makes me think that he's hinting that I'm going to need to retake the exams as it's unlikely I'll get the grades that I need (at least an A in chemistry) I'm freaking out because I'm so scared that I'll get a B, meaning that I'll have to defer entry for medicine and retake the exams. I know I'm not thinking straight or logically because I'm freaking out.

I got a high B in the January mocks (a few marks off an A) and applied with an A* prediction on UCAS. I need at least an A for both my firm and insurance. Please could someone talk some sense into me. ?!?!??!
Mate I'm in the same position - I need AAB, for both choices, and I also got a B in my recent mocks, and my prediction is also an A*. Nice to know I'm not the only one.
Reply 2
Original post by chibichibi_xx
Mate I'm in the same position - I need AAB, for both choices, and I also got a B in my recent mocks, and my prediction is also an A*. Nice to know I'm not the only one.

It's a struggle
I got a U in my maths mock and need a C so I'm really scared what they're going to give me

Quick Reply