The Student Room Group

Applying for Student Finance

Hello,

I'm currently applying for a student finance however when applying, on the 'about me section' it's asking for my passport details and when i type in the expiry date its stating that I cannot put a previous date(which is probably because my passports expired)
I don't have a birth certificate either and there's no way i can obtain it.
So i'm unsure how I can get to the next stage of applying.
Original post by Trish_14
Hello,

I'm currently applying for a student finance however when applying, on the 'about me section' it's asking for my passport details and when i type in the expiry date its stating that I cannot put a previous date(which is probably because my passports expired)
I don't have a birth certificate either and there's no way i can obtain it.
So i'm unsure how I can get to the next stage of applying.

Hi, for UK nationals we only accept valid UK passport details or an original birth certificate with a completed birth certificate form http://ow.ly/n15K30qijWK.
There are no exceptions so if you can not provide either of these then you won't be able to apply for the funding.
Thanks, Isaac.
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, for UK nationals we only accept valid UK passport details or an original birth certificate with a completed birth certificate form http://ow.ly/n15K30qijWK.
There are no exceptions so if you can not provide either of these then you won't be able to apply for the funding.
Thanks, Isaac.

Hello, I have a UK British Citizen certificate. Will that do since my passport needs renewing?
Thanks
Hello, I have a UK British Citizen certificate. Will that do since my passport needs renewing?
Thanks

If you are applying as a UK National we only accept the UK birth certificate or UK passport details, there are no exceptions for UK Nationals. There are different evidence requirements for EU Nationals and Rest of the World Nationals.
Thanks, Isaac.
Reply 4
Thanks, Isaac.

Hello,
what would you advice me to do because I believe i'm eligible for student finance but my passport has expired and I don't have a birth certificate as I was born outside of the uk

If you are applying as a UK National we only accept the UK birth certificate or UK passport details, there are no exceptions for UK Nationals. There are different evidence requirements for EU Nationals and Rest of the World Nationals.
Thanks, Isaac.

Hello,

What would you advise me to do then because I believe i'm eligible for student finance but my passport has expired and I don't have a birth certificate as I was born outside of the uk.
Hello,
what would you advice me to do because I believe i'm eligible for student finance but my passport has expired and I don't have a birth certificate as I was born outside of the uk

Hello,

What would you advise me to do then because I believe i'm eligible for student finance but my passport has expired and I don't have a birth certificate as I was born outside of the uk.

Where were you born, what is your nationality? If you apply as a non UK National you will also be asked to send in residency evidence. If you are applying as a UK National then we only accept the passport or birth certificate.
I can advise on further evidence if you apply as a non UK National.
Thanks, Isaac.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending