The Student Room Group

Swansea A101 2020 Offer Holders

Welcome to the Swansea A101 2020 Entry Discussion.

For general information click: https://www.swansea.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/medicine/mbbchgraduateentrymedicine/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey all!

Don’t know if anyone is on here yet, I’m Rachel an offer holder for GEM 2020! (Still so excited to be able to say that! :biggrin:)

How’s everyone doing? I know it’s kind of hard to be as excited with everything going on at the moment :smile:
Reply 2
I got my offer email yesterday afternoon but UCAS hasn't updated yet. Anyone know if that's to be expected?
Original post by jdh98
I got my offer email yesterday afternoon but UCAS hasn't updated yet. Anyone know if that's to be expected?

I had a phone call and then an offer email yesterday and my UCAS hasn’t changed yet either but someone told me that UCAS track had been online for some time yesterday so maybe that’s caused delays
Reply 4
Original post by WannaBeMedic1997
I had a phone call and then an offer email yesterday and my UCAS hasn’t changed yet either but someone told me that UCAS track had been online for some time yesterday so maybe that’s caused delays

Ah fair enough cheers
Reply 5
Hey, I’m Eileen, I got my offer last week! Am so so excited! UCAS still hasn’t updated though, I just want to be able to accept it aha
Original post by eileeng
Hey, I’m Eileen, I got my offer last week! Am so so excited! UCAS still hasn’t updated though, I just want to be able to accept it aha

Same it still doesn’t quite feel real but I’m so excited!! Also same I just want to get everything sorted now
Reply 7
Same it still doesn’t quite feel real but I’m so excited!! Also same I just want to get everything sorted now

Do you know anything about sorting accomodation? I'm hoping they give us some info soon, obviously they won't hold the offer-holder weekend thing they usually do, which is a shame :frown:
Reply 8
Congratulations to you all. Wishing you all the best. Any tips for someone wanting to go to Swansea in regards to prepping for the gamsat?
Hi everyone, I'm Lucy :smile: I absolutely can't wait until September, I'm counting down the weeks! I also hope everything gets settled on UCAS soon - I won't quite believe it until I've confirmed my place!

Also in case anyone is interested, I asked a little while ago about the rough structure of the terms and they sent me this example timetable. Sorry about the image quality - I'm afraid this was how I received it!
Reply 10
Has anyone had a UCAS update yet?
Original post by sle1999
Has anyone had a UCAS update yet?

No UCAS update yet but I did get an email today with information about the DBS check and occupation health stuff
Reply 12
No UCAS update yet but I did get an email today with information about the DBS check and occupation health stuff

Yes me too! My GP has said to send it over via email but there will probably be a delay obviously with the current chaos
Does anybody know the date that the course is starting?
Reply 14
Original post by tamsin_athalie
Does anybody know the date that the course is starting?

I was told 1 September on the webinar that Swansea ran today (think they are planning to put a recording up online), though with the understandable caveat that COVID-19 makes everything a bit uncertain.
Original post by 90mrbg
I was told 1 September on the webinar that Swansea ran today (think they are planning to put a recording up online), though with the understandable caveat that COVID-19 makes everything a bit uncertain.

Thanks - I just needed it for the health questionnaire.
Original post by sle1999
Yes me too! My GP has said to send it over via email but there will probably be a delay obviously with the current chaos

Yeah that’s what I’m having to do with mine too
Hi! I’m Alice , nice to meet you! So excited , still doesn’t feel real! 😀😅
Original post by jdh98

congratulations mate, we’re you on the waiting list?
Massive congratulations to everyone who has secured a confirmed place, it must be so thrilling!

Has anyone off the waiting list been given offers? I’ve noticed a few people say they had some last week which is exciting, I’m guessing that was off the WL?

Be great to here back from you all

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest