The Student Room Group

Swansea A101 2020 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hello! We are looking for housemates for next year. We found a very nice house close to uni and we are 4 at the moment. We are looking for another 2 housemates so feel free to let me know if you are interested!
Reply 41
Original post by WannaBeMedic1997
Honestly no idea at the moment, waiting to see if MedSoc manage to produce the accommodation booklet they said about instead of the welcome weekend but have seen a few private places to possibly rent if not

Hello! We are going to be first-year med students this year and we are looking for housemates. We found a very nice house close to uni and we are 4 at the moment. We are looking for another 2 housemates so feel free to let me know if you are interested!
Original post by Con246
Hello! We are going to be first-year med students this year and we are looking for housemates. We found a very nice house close to uni and we are 4 at the moment. We are looking for another 2 housemates so feel free to let me know if you are interested!

Hey depending on cost and what the house is like I'm interested!
Reply 43
Does anyone know if the £3465 part of Y1 tuition fee can be paid in instalments?
Reply 44
Original post by kingbb
Does anyone know if the £3465 part of Y1 tuition fee can be paid in instalments?

Yes I think it can be paid termly, around the dates you get your loan!
Does anybody know when the student finance application deadline is?
Reply 46
Original post by garnett2106
Does anybody know when the student finance application deadline is?

Was May 15 if you want it guaranteed for start of term. Apply ASAP
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by kingbb
Was May 15 if you want it guaranteed for start of term. Apply now ASAP

Okay thanks! Does it class as an undergraduate or postgraduate course? When I’ve clicked both it says I already have funding in place so can’t apply for more?
Reply 48
Okay thanks! Does it class as an undergraduate or postgraduate course? When I’ve clicked both it says I already have funding in place so can’t apply for more?

Undergrad only
Did anybody else have any trouble applying for student finance having studied a previous undergrad degree for 3 years and a masters?
Original post by kingbb

Drop admissions an email bud, they’ll know. But I think you can
Original post by Con246
Hello! We are looking for housemates for next year. We found a very nice house close to uni and we are 4 at the moment. We are looking for another 2 housemates so feel free to let me know if you are interested!

Hey where is the property? Are yous looking male or female or no preference?

Also did anyone else's email say to hold off on the DBS check for a while as they are still trying to sort things out
>

Did anybody else have any trouble applying for student finance having studied a previous undergrad degree for 3 years and a masters?

I'm in Northern Ireland it's been an absolute nightmare. No help available for fees either over here so trying to get all that sorted

I am in same situation and had no problem at all, all was confirmed in about 3 weeks. But I applied for like, minimum money if that makes sense, so idk if its more complex if you want more than that haha.
Reply 54
Original post by lsmyth43
Hey where is the property? Are yous looking male or female or no preference?

Also did anyone else's email say to hold off on the DBS check for a while as they are still trying to sort things out

Hiya! The property is 10-15 min walk from Singleton campus and 5 min walk from Uplands where there are pubs, restaurants and a tesco express. It’s on Glanbrydan Aveneue. We’re 5 first year med students at the moment and we are looking for one more person!
Original post by Con246
Hiya! The property is 10-15 min walk from Singleton campus and 5 min walk from Uplands where there are pubs, restaurants and a tesco express. It’s on Glanbrydan Aveneue. We’re 5 first year med students at the moment and we are looking for one more person!

Cool im a first year too. Any other details on the house?
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone knows of anymore spaces off the reserve list have been allocated ?

No updates on the other forum
Ahh, I just had the privilege of accepting my offer to join. Congratulations again to every single one of you, and in looking forward to meeting our cohort in September.

I hope for many others waiting on the reserve list that you too, were fortunate to receive such wonderful news.

Stay safe : )
Hi all, I'm Adam and got a place off the reserve list yesterday. Does anyone know where the majority of med houses are? Are the majority of them in a particular area of Swansea or more spread out?
Original post by Apwtaylor
Hi all, I'm Adam and got a place off the reserve list yesterday. Does anyone know where the majority of med houses are? Are the majority of them in a particular area of Swansea or more spread out?

Hi Adam,

they are spread out but most of my friends that were on and are on GEM live in Brynmill, St Helens Avenue, Uplands and Sketty : ). You can easily walk / cycle to uni with them pretty sharpish too

congratulations man

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending