jolene_jolene
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
So I'm thinking of doing an EPQ, starting it in quarantine and it seemed a simple enough qualification at first but now I'm just baffled .
Loads of people mention a production log that I can't find?
Everyone seems to do a dissertation but I want to write a short story and don't know how to go about it in relation to an EPQ?
My school has never mentioned it before so I can't ask a teacher as many people apear to?
Can someone just give me some overall advice about how the prodject runs becaause I'm currently at a loss.
jd1202
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
i’ve just completed my epq this year as a year 13. I wrote a 5000 page essay on whether abortion was morally right or wrong. then completed a 5-10 minute presentation infront of my centre coordinator, mentor & a few other students about how i completed my epq and why. The production log you should be given by your teacher when you start the epq process, it’s just a couple of pages full of questions reviewing how you’ve completed your epq, the pros & cons, etc. make sure if you’re referencing any sources that you write them down because you have to write the time and date you accessed them in a bibliography afterwards to avoid any plagiarism. hope this helps.
jolene_jolene
Rep:
?
(Original post by jd1202)
i’ve just completed my epq this year as a year 13. I wrote a 5000 page essay on whether abortion was morally right or wrong. then completed a 5-10 minute presentation infront of my centre coordinator, mentor & a few other students about how i completed my epq and why. The production log you should be given by your teacher when you start the epq process, it’s just a couple of pages full of questions reviewing how you’ve completed your epq, the pros & cons, etc. make sure if you’re referencing any sources that you write them down because you have to write the time and date you accessed them in a bibliography afterwards to avoid any plagiarism. hope this helps.
any idea if there's anywhere online i could find the production log online because I don't have one atm
thanks so much
Kaz_xx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by jolene_jolene)
any idea if there's anywhere online i could find the production log online because I don't have one atm
thanks so much
Do u know what exam board u are doing?? AQA?
Kaz_xx
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
If ur doing aqa

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/admin/c...993-CRF-20.PDF

And just fill in the necessary bits. Some parts will be completed by ur EPQ supervisor
jolene_jolene
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kaz_xx)
Do u know what exam board u are doing?? AQA?
Yeah i think so . Does your EPQ supervisor have to be through school?
p.s. thanks for record you're a lifesaver
jd1202
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
yeah your supervisor/mentor is normally a teacher that you think would be best marking your project. i picked my english teacher due to her understanding how to set out an essay properly. if your topic is science related maybe pick a science teacher etc.
jolene_jolene
Rep:
?
yeah your supervisor/mentor is normally a teacher that you think would be best marking your project. i picked my english teacher due to her understanding how to set out an essay properly. if your topic is science related maybe pick a science teacher etc.
Oh okay , thanks
qwert7890
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
i’ve just completed my epq this year as a year 13. I wrote a 5000 page essay on whether abortion was morally right or wrong. then completed a 5-10 minute presentation infront of my centre coordinator, mentor & a few other students about how i completed my epq and why. The production log you should be given by your teacher when you start the epq process, it’s just a couple of pages full of questions reviewing how you’ve completed your epq, the pros & cons, etc. make sure if you’re referencing any sources that you write them down because you have to write the time and date you accessed them in a bibliography afterwards to avoid any plagiarism. hope this help
Hi! I am writing my EPQ on the same topic as yours. I had a couple of questions:

1. Are you planning on doing medicine?
2. What grade are you expecting?
3. Did your teachers comment on if the topic is too overused?
4. Do you mind sharing your dissertation on PM? I know this makes it seem like I'll plagiarise but I just need to see an outline, and get an idea. My school has never done an EPQ before and I'm the only student going to be taking it. My teachers hadn't even heard of the qualification before so any help/exemplar is very much appreciated!

Thank you so much
Kaz_xx
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by qwert7890)
Hi! I am writing my EPQ on the same topic as yours. I had a couple of questions:

1. Are you planning on doing medicine?
2. What grade are you expecting?
3. Did your teachers comment on if the topic is too overused?
4. Do you mind sharing your dissertation on PM? I know this makes it seem like I'll plagiarise but I just need to see an outline, and get an idea. My school has never done an EPQ before and I'm the only student going to be taking it. My teachers hadn't even heard of the qualification before so any help/exemplar is very much appreciated!

Thank you so much
you can find many example essays online

eg. http://my.pershore.worcs.sch.uk/uplo...Sample%202.pdf
http://my.pershore.worcs.sch.uk/uplo...Sample%201.pdf

this may help with structure
https://lifemoreextraordinary.com/st...-an-epq-essay/
http://thinkstudent.co.uk/how-to-write-an-epq/

1. Introduction
(i find it easier to write at the end) introduce your question/essay. what is the aim of your project. what you plan to find out?.

2. Main essay
discuss all of the main points. remember to reference throughout. use the PEEL structure (point, explanation, evidence, link back to question)

3. Conclusion
summarise the most important points and come to a conclusion which answers/links back to your essay question.

4. Bibliography
The bibliography should include all the references for websites/books/resources/quotes you used to write your essay. you also need to write the date when your first accessed each source.
Last edited by Kaz_xx; 6 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (643)
33.49%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (813)
42.34%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.69%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.48%

Watched Threads