The Student Room Group

what a levels to take for Dentistry

Hi, I'm a year 11 student who is currently deciding what a levels to take for dentistry, I know I'm taking chemistry and biology, for my third I am thinking about taking maths, however I'm worried that I would struggle with the course because I was only getting a grade 6 at GCSE, any suggestions ?
Original post by MiaBlake2004
Hi, I'm a year 11 student who is currently deciding what a levels to take for dentistry, I know I'm taking chemistry and biology, for my third I am thinking about taking maths, however I'm worried that I would struggle with the course because I was only getting a grade 6 at GCSE, any suggestions ?

Physics is a good A level. Or you could take an arts?

But to make it competitive Physics or Maths would be very helpful. Or atleast take AS maths?
Thank you!, I was thinking about taking physics, however like maths, I was only achieving a grade 6 so I am also worried that I would struggle
Original post by MiaBlake2004
Thank you!, I was thinking about taking physics, however like maths, I was only achieving a grade 6 so I am also worried that I would struggle

Dont worry haha..

Unis love Physics btw for dentistry

Try taking AS maths, and A level Physics, chem and bio

good luck!
I suggest taking maths but consider dropping it if it gets too hard or you dont enjoy it. If you are worried about the maths aspect in physics, you'll only be disadvantaged at the start but dont worry as you get taught it from the beginning and you can always catch up

Quick Reply

Latest